Forum is back up..

B E N

FRF Addict
Is the forum just dead or do I have a unique problem (very likely a setting and I am being bad at tech)? Most of what I am seeing is old. Also the new format is super tough to read. Is there a user setting to change colors or font preference?

1620051518712.png

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Is the forum just dead or do I have a unique problem (very likely a setting and I am being bad at tech)? Most of what I am seeing is old. Also the new format is super tough to read. Is there a user setting to change colors or font preference?

View attachment 167642
Is that the new post section? Working on text colors and other little items still.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Also, Tapatalk has had major issues with 2.2 so I will not be adding Tapatalk to FRF for sometime. Sorry for those that use it, but I am not dealing with the issues they are having.

B E N

FRF Addict
Is that the new post section? Working on text colors and other little items still.
No, that was just a random grab from one of the gen 1 sections.

Might be nice if there was a user option for light background dark text. The light grey on dark grey is a little tough to proofread in the response section.

Would be really nice if it was easier to differentiate stickies, they kind of blend in.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
No, that was just a random grab from one of the gen 1 sections.

Might be nice if there was a user option for light background dark text. The light grey on dark grey is a little tough to proofread in the response section.

Would be really nice if it was easier to differentiate stickies, they kind of blend in.

So like a white(light) background option with black text?

B E N

FRF Addict
That would be awesome. Maybe not for everyone, I don't know if there is a user defined option. One of the other issues with the black background is if you highlight a block of your own text the highlight is dark, so you can't actually see what you are highlighting.

Black text on a white background yields the best legibility, since the bright glow from the background causes your pupils to contract. It's easier to focus your eye with a smaller pupil (much like the depth of field is increased with a smaller camera lens), and it reduces the effect of refractive errors in the eye. Background doesn't have to be stark white either, wheat or ivory works. Can use dark blue or red text for differentiation from standard black body text this way.

Gary Wren

Can you bring back the little "arrow" that was next to a thread that took you to the first new post since you last looked at a thread? Some are long and before it would take you where you left off so you don't have to guess which page to click on and scrolllllllllllll.