Forskin question???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was trying to put the temp gauges on with Forscan. I keep getting a message that says, "Sorry, an extended license is needed for this operation". I tried starting over twice and I keep getting that error message.

I've done other Forscan mods without issues. I'm using the OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter. Any ideas? I'm assuming once you download the standard license it stays good? Thanks for any ideas on what I may be doing wrong.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
You have to renew it every so often. Not sure how long it lasts but I have to renew every time I use it.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to renew it every so often. Not sure how long it lasts but I have to renew every time I use it.
Thank you. It's only good for 2 months, I had no idea they had a short time limit on the license. I did it pretty easy once I got the updated license. It really threw me because it kept saying I needed an "extended" license to perform the change.

Thanks again for keeping me from going to bed pis sed off at myself because I couldn't do it and it frustrated the shi t out of me! After I was done with the temps, I went back and added the seats and wheel to the home screen too.

Last edited:

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I started using Forscan I think I bought a 2 year license for $20 so I wouldn't have to worry about it. For all you get, $20 is super cheap.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I started using Forscan I think I bought a 2 year license for $20 so I wouldn't have to worry about it. For all you get, $20 is super cheap.
I never really looked into it until today. I thought the free license stayed good as long as you were doing the simpler mods. I drove myself a little nuts trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.