Forscan to add R Mode & Trail Turn Assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it did NOT work.
Everything works, but the "R" button. Might have to spend more time trying different settings, but no luck thus far.
I wonder if the dealer will flash your ecu for you. My dealer added tow mode to my bronco after I added the oem tow package to my first edition and they also said they will turn on trail turn assist for my21 as they think they know how. I did not yet ask about the R button stuff thinking it would almost plug and play with forscan but I could reach out to them again myself.

Lustig1

Reaction score
An engineer for ford told me it may need a different module of some sort but that’s not for certain

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, when you turn the truck on it prompts you to go back to last mode. So, it’s the OK button. Let me guess your retort, “oh but I like Baja exhaust and everything else sport…that why you need the R Button.” So, you don’t need the R button, I might use it if I had it and I’m really looking forward to the Karens on this site telling me why I’m so wrong.
Not sure why you’re talking about retort here. Some of us have higher education levels than you think.

That being said, I’m telling you in a friendly and supportive tone that you have not found any way to save a custom mode. We all know about selecting ok to go back to a previously selected mode when restarting your vehicle.
I actually thought you had found a solution to the actual “problem” and was sincerely interested in hearing about it.
We all have different wants and needs. Nothing wrong with that.

cadurham88

Reaction score
Not sure why you’re talking about retort here. Some of us have higher education levels than you think.

That being said, I’m telling you in a friendly and supportive tone that you have not found any way to save a custom mode. We all know about selecting ok to go back to a previously selected mode when restarting your vehicle.
I actually thought you had found a solution to the actual “problem” and was sincerely interested in hearing about it.
We all have different wants and needs. Nothing wrong with that.
You missed my point, it wasn’t about education or lack there of…it was about overly obsessing over small things and not appreciating the truck you have. You want to spend your time and money trying to figure out an R button, good on you…I’ll spend zero money and two seconds hitting ok and modifying anything else and simply appreciate the truck I have.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You missed my point, it wasn’t about education or lack there of…it was about overly obsessing over small things and not appreciating the truck you have. You want to spend your time and money trying to figure out an R button, good on you…I’ll spend zero money and two seconds hitting ok and modifying anything else and simply appreciate the truck I have.
Nope, you missed my point.
I could care less about retrofitting the R button. I just thought you had found a way to do what the R button does (without having to mess with anything). Nothing more.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCCM---724-03-01 x4xx-xxxx-xx (LH switch config)
IPC------720-11-02 8xxxx-xx (Enables My Modes)

I tried a changing 720-11-01 too.
Maybe it's something in the GWM then? I know they're not mapped out in the spreadsheet yet but maybe you can work with Livinitup or one of the other Forscan gurus to get it working

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCCM---724-03-01 x4xx-xxxx-xx (LH switch config)
IPC------720-11-02 8xxxx-xx (Enables My Modes)

I tried a changing 720-11-01 too.
Any updates? I assume it still isn't working, based on the thread so far? Thanks for the being the guinea pig!

topgun964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had someone check my VIN for updates in FDRS and this is the list they sent back.

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Software Update
Direct Current/Alternating Current Converter Module A (DCACA) Software Update
Audio Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Module Software Update
Trailer Module (TRM) Software Update
Gateway Module A (GWM) Software Update
Driver Door Module (DDM) Software Update
Passenger Door Module (PDM) Software Update

So I ordered the "mongoose" cable that allows me to do the updates myself. Maybe one of these updates will make the button work.