FORScan on a Gen1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The link above for the wrong years. 2015+

Use this one for the 11-14 trucks.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vHJXZPBfqJs94JIf45c7X2zgg/edit#gid=1329872825

So I got Forscan going again a few weeks ago and dug deeper into it. Really nice program. You can run self tests on all kinds of stuff, clear codes in modules, and log anything it can access.

Figured out the "Sat Fault" on my wife's Edge is the satellite tuner itself not functioning correctly- not that I plan on replacing it.

The Edge actually set and stored an error code for the power mirrors. I'm guessing it tried to move them when it was all iced up this winter as part of the memory seats/mirrors function. I cleared the error codes, ran a BCM test, and no more codes.

Just playing around with it some more, I checked out the heated/cooled seats. You log/view in real time all of the parameters the seat module sees. So you can tell if the module receives the "on" command from the button, what level it's set at, what temperature the seat is, what temp the TED is, fan RPMs, etc. Really cool stuff.

Forscan allows someone to trouble shoot stuff they'd have no access to without buying a very expensive piece of scanning hardware and/or possibly having to subscribe to a software package from Ford, or Snap-on or whoever.

Last edited:

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forscan actually allows access into MORE modules than what Fords IDS system allows! It also allows more changes within those modules as well.

Also a page or two back it was mentioned about changing tire sizes and how that affects the NAV position. It all had to do with the Dead Reckoning System our trucks have. The way its supposed to work is only if the NAV signal is lost the truck uses Dead Reckoning to help keep you in the correct location on the map. But for some reason the truck seams to use the NAV signal to say where your at when you first start the truck up but once you start moving it uses the Dead Reckoning over the NAV signal.

I fixed the issue way before Forscan came out and even if you wanted to use Forscan to adjust the tire size, i would suggest fixing it so it doesnt use the wheel speed as the primary source of its location but in the end thats not how the system was designed.

To fix it, just simply disconnect the Neg terminal on the battery for 15-20.

Wayne

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7do-01 is sirius. That one you take 2 away
7do-02 is nav in motion. It gets changed to a 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On my 12 the first number is a 0 will this work for my truck? Can reallyinput a negitive number

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my 12 the first number is a 0 will this work for my truck? Can reallyinput a negitive number

You change the value of * not the first
7do-01 x**** xxxxx xxxxx (sirius)
7do-02 x**** xxxxx xxxxx (nav)
on sirius you subtract 2 and nav change to 7 (for the number that is *)

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You change the value of * not the first
7do-01 x**** xxxxx xxxxx (sirius)
7do-02 x**** xxxxx xxxxx (nav)
on sirius you subtract 2 and nav change to 7 (for the number that is *)

The code posted in this thread has the * as the first number you can change

[Qoute]
Sirius Delete APIM 7D0-01-01 ****-XXXX-XXXX [/quote]

So is it the one you posted or the other one?

nipplesNchowder

Reaction score
So I got my OBDII thingy and hooked it all up this weekend.

-Turned off hyperflash (no LEDs yet, just did it since I was in there)

-Turned off the stupid TPMS system- which is the best use of this software for a Raptor owner by far.
My aftermarket tail lights + headlights just started to hyperflash out of nowhere. I'm Forscan'ing that useless crap out of there

Also deleting TPMS.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if you can make the 12 volt sockets not be always on in the Gen 1? Specifically mine is a 2012. It's called Power Point Timeout or something close, but I don't know if it's an option in the Gen 1. I'd like to be able to leave my wireless charger plugged in without sucking juice when the truck is off. I can use the Sync port, but it lacks the wattage to do high speed charging. From what I've read it's part of the 726-39-01 section in the BCM. I've never actually used FORScan yet, just read about it, so I'm a bit ignorant. If I can make that change I'll have to get it.