ForScan for Newbs and must have mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 3 - production date of 12/13/22.
Do you understand the coding on those two options...I'm not sure how that is making the B&O system better

First combo is for Speaker 2 Output (SO) = 8 SO Speaker and Tweeter & SCO Non-tweeter Only

second combo for -02 is 1676340004605.png
1676340038456.png
1676340074246.png
1676340113688.png

It feels like it is mainly driving changes in the Center channel? SCO in combo one is for six speaker center output, then in the second combo Center Channel Parrallel Mid Ranges is now enabled.

it looks like also it could have to do with the EQ #8 which seems to be an equalizer setting I would think.

I would like to go through this coding given you are a Gen3 like me and seeing results but was really trying to get the finer details on what exactly these changes were doing.

Separate note:

I need to do belt chimes, interested to know what unreal theme is, also need to investigate glare free a bit more as well as auto fold mirrors.

Also am wondering if there is a way to turn of the off-road warning on certain features like baja mode for exhaust or traction control, wondering if there is a way to get that out of normal without being in off-road.

My sport mode shifting is rough, I am wondering if there is something in forscan or if I should wait for my Cobb accessport

Chop96

Reaction score
Do you understand the coding on those two options...I'm not sure how that is making the B&O system better

First combo is for Speaker 2 Output (SO) = 8 SO Speaker and Tweeter & SCO Non-tweeter Only

second combo for -02 is View attachment 393592
View attachment 393593
View attachment 393594
View attachment 393595

It feels like it is mainly driving changes in the Center channel? SCO in combo one is for six speaker center output, then in the second combo Center Channel Parrallel Mid Ranges is now enabled.

it looks like also it could have to do with the EQ #8 which seems to be an equalizer setting I would think.

I would like to go through this coding given you are a Gen3 like me and seeing results but was really trying to get the finer details on what exactly these changes were doing.

Separate note:

I need to do belt chimes, interested to know what unreal theme is, also need to investigate glare free a bit more as well as auto fold mirrors.

Also am wondering if there is a way to turn of the off-road warning on certain features like baja mode for exhaust or traction control, wondering if there is a way to get that out of normal without being in off-road.

My sport mode shifting is rough, I am wondering if there is something in forscan or if I should wait for my Cobb accessport
I don't know the coding and what it exactly does to the audio settings. I saw someone mention it improves the sound, I wasn't thrilled with stock so I gave it a shot and it sounds better to me - bass seems a lot more responsive, the sound seems more "balanced," and there's an overall increase in volume throughout. All I can say is save your as-builts, record what the initial values are, make the change and if you don't like it, change it back.

The unreal theme is a change to the "theme" of the center 12" display. It darkened the buttons along the bottom and seemed to improve contrast a bit. Like the audio setting, give it a shot and if you don't like it, change it back.

You can have auto-fold mirrors without FORScan - just enable in the vehicle settings. The "Lincoln mirrors" stay folded until the vehicle is unlocked, driver's door opened, and then closed - then the mirrors unfold. If a different door is opened/closed, the mirrors stay folded.

There's a video floating around one of these FORScan threads showing what glare free does as opposed to just automatic high beams. If you give it a shot, be sure to follow the instructions in the spreadsheet closely. After changing the two APIM settings, you need to re-set the APIM before changing the rest of the modules.

Enjoy!
:cheers:

mebersole92

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Learning forscan and did a few updates today from this thread. However, upon driving today I noticed my gauge cluster looks like this now. Any tips on how to reset? 20230227_133813.jpg

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Learning forscan and did a few updates today from this thread. However, upon driving today I noticed my gauge cluster looks like this now. Any tips on how to reset? View attachment 395633
That they are smaller? Looks like you have a navigation inputted, the gauges get smaller when you are running nav

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That they are smaller? Looks like you have a navigation inputted, the gauges get smaller when you are running nav
Yeah, with nav directions in it will space out those middle gauges and put that turn guidance into the middle spot, it makes all other gauges the next size smaller.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the Forscan Mobile App (phone) version easier to use than the PC version? I'm not that much of a computer guy. Also the changes I'd like to make are pretty minor. Basically I'd want to reset the suspension if I do springs/collars, brighten the running lights, do the sub-woofer mod and maybe get rid of the double honk.

It would be great is someone figured out a way to get rid of the truck on the quiet screen and the fuel mileage screen.

SoCalRey

Reaction score
Just had a few minutes to get accustom to Forscan but was able to add:
-parking lights to the DRL
-delete the seat belt chimes

Software is legit.

NYC Raptor

Reaction score
Anyone in the NY/NJ area who can help me with FORSCAN? Not really into computers and software. Don’t want to mess anything up.

forbin42

Reaction score
I've been playing around with different changes with the ForSCAN on my new 2023 Avalanche and having some fun with the changes. One code I've been looking for is the Navigation search while in motion. I haven't been able to find a new code, and the one that I have found leaves features of the Navigation with really weird lettering/wording. Thanks in advance!