ForScan for Newbs and must have mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked through this thread and other threads on the subject but don't see anything about the reverse camera. On my Gen1, if I pull forward it doesn't disable as soon as I put it anything other than reverse and stays active until you reach 5mph or something moving forward. The after market Alpine camera plugged into my tuner does the same thing on my Jeep. This is a nice feature when you are backing up to a trailer and aligning the ball under the hitch.

This is not what happens on the Gen3. As soon as I shift out of R to adjust (if necessary) the camera is disable and I have to punch through the menu to reenable it or wait till I go back to R. I was hoping this was a feature that I could enable but can't find it anywhere. If anyone knows how to turn this delay on, I would be grateful.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that have made the Glare Free change on a '23 see the built-in Auto High Beam behavior becomes overwritten or disabled? I'm curious why GF isn't standard on the Raptor since I believe it comes with Dynamic Bending headlamps as standard (especially with GF being legal now)? I know changes can take time... usually lots of it and sounds like it is a software update away unless I am missing something?

@wicked24 - I did think about it but I can live without the extra bling... Though I do have the ambient light maxed out! lol I am just happy I didn't break or tear anything up since I am too damn heavy handed!

@swoop1156 - Apparently the Quiet Mode has to be initially enabled with the engine running and now I access the QM times with power on only... odd but works!

I appreciate the feedback since I often miss info or assume all too frequently :party52:

Still learning the Raptor and fun to learn from you all what is possible with module tweaks and other mods.
NHTSA is the reason, not legal in US currently.

Chop96

Reaction score
For those that have made the Glare Free change on a '23 see the built-in Auto High Beam behavior becomes overwritten or disabled? I'm curious why GF isn't standard on the Raptor since I believe it comes with Dynamic Bending headlamps as standard (especially with GF being legal now)? I know changes can take time... usually lots of it and sounds like it is a software update away unless I am missing something?

@wicked24 - I did think about it but I can live without the extra bling... Though I do have the ambient light maxed out! lol I am just happy I didn't break or tear anything up since I am too damn heavy handed!

@swoop1156 - Apparently the Quiet Mode has to be initially enabled with the engine running and now I access the QM times with power on only... odd but works!

I appreciate the feedback since I often miss info or assume all too frequently :party52:

Still learning the Raptor and fun to learn from you all what is possible with module tweaks and other mods.
Took delivery on 1/28/23 and made the change to enable glare free a couple weeks later. With glare free enabled, high beams turn on at about 25 mph and then glare free takes over. There is no off-on like you'd see with auto high beams. Instead, with glare free the high beams dim in the zones required to prevent blinding traffic, whether oncoming or in front of you. it's really hard to see the difference around town, but I live off of a country road and see the glare free difference every time I drive at night.

:cheers:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have looked through this thread and other threads on the subject but don't see anything about the reverse camera. On my Gen1, if I pull forward it doesn't disable as soon as I put it anything other than reverse and stays active until you reach 5mph or something moving forward. The after market Alpine camera plugged into my tuner does the same thing on my Jeep. This is a nice feature when you are backing up to a trailer and aligning the ball under the hitch.

This is not what happens on the Gen3. As soon as I shift out of R to adjust (if necessary) the camera is disable and I have to punch through the menu to reenable it or wait till I go back to R. I was hoping this was a feature that I could enable but can't find it anywhere. If anyone knows how to turn this delay on, I would be grateful.
Gen 3 has this feature. On the center screen, go to Features, tap Driver Assistance, & scroll down to Reverse delay to enable it.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My gen 3 has the auto fold mirrors but sometimes I am grabbing things out of my truck a few times and I always feel like I'm going to burn the motors out on these things. I remember reading somewhere about a setting that only unfolds the mirrors once the truck starts. Is this something i mis read or can you change auto fold to only open back up once truck starts?

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gen 3 has the auto fold mirrors but sometimes I am grabbing things out of my truck a few times and I always feel like I'm going to burn the motors out on these things. I remember reading somewhere about a setting that only unfolds the mirrors once the truck starts. Is this something i mis read or can you change auto fold to only open back up once truck starts?
How do you turn on the auto fold mirrors? I can’t seem to find the setting on my ‘23. (Not in FORscan)

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you turn on the auto fold mirrors? I can’t seem to find the setting on my ‘23. (Not in FORscan)
I think you're referring to the 'Lincoln Style' auto-fold setting. There's multiple settings that require editing for it to be done. With it enabled, the puddle-light no longer functions, so it's not a very popular mod.