ForScan for Newbs and must have mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
where is this on the excel sheet? I took care of most of the changes I really wanted done, but can't seem to locate this one. thanks
Peruse this thread; you’ll find it.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peruse this thread; you’ll find it.

Is it on the excel sheet? Is there a different sheet that has more codes on it?

I have seen it referenced in the thread I am just wondering how people are finding it outside of that.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have seen it referenced in the thread I am just wondering how people are finding it outside of that.
Good questions. Ones in which I haven't the slightest damn answer. I saw the code posted here. In fact, the few codes I've done were all posted in this (or similar) thread prior to this excel sheeting surfacing.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I notice that this happens when you are using CarPlay with Apple Maps. The nav on dash doesn't seem to work with other Nav apps (Google, Waze, etc).

Also glare free already works on Gen 3 (at least on my '23). Noticed it working and do not recall setting it up so may be a default.

I just want to use FORScan to help me program the new HVAC module with digital knobs. If anyone has more input on that I would be grateful @Wichadicha . It sounds like all I have to do is save the current hvac module then copy that hvac file onto the new hvac module. Should be easy since FORScan appears to be much more user friendly these days but I hate to spend a full day tinkering if I can avoid it.

Best center console removal videos I have found that will help with the hvac mod:

*May do the turn signal mod from 3 to 5 too!
That's awesome about the 2023 and glare-free already working. Sounds wild since they were to remove the capability for Job 2 trucks built in 2022 and never heard anything since. Is your "A" on the dashboard green or white? Are you positive that it's "glare-free" and not just auto-high beams? This is the first I've heard of it working on a '23 build (although I've not been on in a while...)

The deal with the Navigation and making the cluster smaller with RPM and Speed is a normal function. Regarding the HVAC, I posted a while ago on replacing mine, and then located my stock saved config into it. Forgot that the truck had to be running in order to get the heated/cooled seats going, so initially I thought it wasn't working but it was me that was an idiot.

It should on the spreadsheet. I changed mine to 4 since I had 5 on my Edge and it was just too much. If you can't find it, I can try to look.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome about the 2023 and glare-free already working. Sounds wild since they were to remove the capability for Job 2 trucks built in 2022 and never heard anything since. Is your "A" on the dashboard green or white? Are you positive that it's "glare-free" and not just auto-high beams? This is the first I've heard of it working on a '23 build (although I've not been on in a while...)

The deal with the Navigation and making the cluster smaller with RPM and Speed is a normal function. Regarding the HVAC, I posted a while ago on replacing mine, and then located my stock saved config into it. Forgot that the truck had to be running in order to get the heated/cooled seats going, so initially I thought it wasn't working but it was me that was an idiot.

It should on the spreadsheet. I changed mine to 4 since I had 5 on my Edge and it was just too much. If you can't find it, I can try to look.
I noticed a few options Ford added to the Settings options that pertained to popular changes people do in other F150s. The glare-free (called Auto High Beam) and disable beeping on remote lock both of which I find under Settings > Vehicle >
IMG_7827.jpg
IMG_7831.jpg

So far the only thing I cannot set is Quiet Start. This is helpful for those of us parking in a garage and I haven't had a chance to look into it... so do any of you know why its not working yet? *I didn't try it with engine running, just power on so will try it with engine running if I remember... lol.

IMG_7830.jpg

For those looking for the FORScan spreadsheet:

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed a few options Ford added to the Settings options that pertained to popular changes people do in other F150s. The glare-free (called Auto High Beam) and disable beeping on remote lock both of which I find under Settings > Vehicle >
View attachment 406651
Glare Free is NOT the same as Auto High Beam...two completely different functions. Auto High Beam is as described above. With Glare Free, the high beams are ALWAYS on and dims a portion of the projected light as vehicles approach. There's a video in the "Gen3 Forscan" thread that explains the difference.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 406651
View attachment 406656

So far the only thing I cannot set is Quiet Start. This is helpful for those of us parking in a garage and I haven't had a chance to look into it... so do any of you know why its not working yet? *I didn't try it with engine running, just power on so will try it with engine running if I remember... lol.
View attachment 406655

For those looking for the FORScan spreadsheet:
So the picture you posted says, "Auto High Beam", which is definitely not "Glare-Free". If you had Glare-Free enabled, your "A" on the dashboard will be green instead of white. You'll also have your high-beams on all the time, with it changing the light pattern to avoid blasting street signs, cars, and other things that it detects, with said high-beams. It's excellent. As mentioned all over the place on FRF as well as directly below your post and above mine, Glare-Free and Auto High Beam are absolutely 100% not the same.

Regarding the chirping, if you double press or triple or however many, that's a normal feature and I've not attempted to turn it off as it'll beep once to verify the vehicle is locked, and twice if there's an issue (door open/ajar, hood open, and I think even the tailgate down, not sure). That's what the "mislock" is as seen in the same picture.

Regarding the "Quiet Start", I have this enabled through FORScan. It works, you just need to go through the necessary changes in the code to get it going. It's nice.

Glare Free is NOT the same as Auto High Beam...two completely different functions. Auto High Beam is as described above. With Glare Free, the high beams are ALWAYS on and dims a portion of the projected light as vehicles approach. There's a video in the "Gen3 Forscan" thread that explains the difference.
For sure, excellent and simple description.

wicked24

Reaction score
I managed to upgrade the HVAC with the digital knobs and was much easier with a used unit that was advertised as new (yet isn't but in new condition) on eBay. Due ot this I didn't have to restore the hvac module which actually made this process easier (plug & play). I also did not disconnect the battery, just made sure the key was not near the truck during the process as well as made a back up using FORScan (prior to knowing if hvac was P&P and make sure to plug in the OBD2 first before starting the app).

Update - I LIED! Definitely load and write the hvac backup file to make sure all of the functionality of the replacement hvac module work. The heated/cooled seat buttons did not work until I wrote the backup file on to it.

So I wanted to share some advice on disassembling the interior that I did not see covered yet. First and obviously, be careful! Cant emphasize how easy it is to scuff or divot the interior pieces so use masking tape on areas you want to pry and take it slow.

Center console side trim pieces:

I started with the lower center console side pieces that are fairly easy. I opened the center arm rest and pulled them straight out from center then carefully pull up and out from dash when tabs are clear of center. Use pry tool if needed but should be possible using hands only. Doing this first will make removing the center trim easier and to me removing the center trim was the hardest part of the whole process.

Center trim:

For me it seemed easier to start from the outside in when removing the center trim piece with the push button start area last. I also opened both glove boxes to make the task easier.

The end has a tab that fits under the flag piece so carefully pry out and slightly down when loosening it. I started prying from the back and used my plastic pry tool to push the tabs forward along the length of the trim; do NOT try to pry it out like a long lever. Go slow and easy by using a pry tool underneath to pop each tab. Around the start button was a bit tricky so I pried from the bottom with tape around the plastics and slowly applied pressure.
View attachment 403367

While removing the center trim I highly recommend loosening the bottom of the center screen bezel since the center piece have plastic posts that integrate with screen bezel. Once done keep prying the tabs outward. At this point I placed a towel between the center trim and dash to preventing scratching from trim tabs.
View attachment 403371View attachment 403372

Center stack to access hvac module:

Removing the center stack is easy (pull straight out with some pressure) but removing some of the connectors can be challenging. The larger ones do have tabs that may fight you a bit so use a small plastic pry tool or shimmy, especially on bottom large connector with the black tab lock which is stubborn. Also put a towel down when taking center stack out to lay on when removing connectors to avoid scuffing.

:grd:

The finished product is satisfying and sucks Ford felt they had to remove this feature! I live in CA so heated steering wheel isn't essential but may be desirable if/when I sell the Raptor.
View attachment 403373

On to the next mod!!!
You might as well have done the cup holder, bin, glove box lights. I'm in SoCal.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For those that have made the Glare Free change on a '23 see the built-in Auto High Beam behavior becomes overwritten or disabled? I'm curious why GF isn't standard on the Raptor since I believe it comes with Dynamic Bending headlamps as standard (especially with GF being legal now)? I know changes can take time... usually lots of it and sounds like it is a software update away unless I am missing something?

@wicked24 - I did think about it but I can live without the extra bling... Though I do have the ambient light maxed out! lol I am just happy I didn't break or tear anything up since I am too damn heavy handed!

@swoop1156 - Apparently the Quiet Mode has to be initially enabled with the engine running and now I access the QM times with power on only... odd but works!

I appreciate the feedback since I often miss info or assume all too frequently :party52:

Still learning the Raptor and fun to learn from you all what is possible with module tweaks and other mods.

Last edited: