Forscan - DRL Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I thought I would make a few small clips on various options that I could tweak in the Forscan settings. A couple things to note, I don't know if these options really change anything or if I didn't have something set right. It is clear though there is a difference between Stock and DRL with Parking Lights, that is main difference in switching.

I also tried to look close as I pull into the garage in this video at the tails; it says with the new setting "including parking lights" that the tails will turn on. It is hard to notice a difference in the left rear tail between stock and the parking light version. Can anyone confirm the tails will be on with this option and if it has presented any issues on the road? I just want to make sure it doesn't look like I'm braking driving down the road.

Additional versions were the option to have turn signals on as DRL; the headlight surround is already on as DRL, I tried to throw on my right blinker but I didn't notice any changes. I was really trying to have the middle yellow bar between high and low beam as a DRL, it looks like with the parking lights that is coming on though just very light.

Last clip is with DRL set as Option B, I don't notice any change. I am thinking some of these options might matter more to the F-150s not the Raptors.

My brightness from stock is set as 64 as the Hex value which I believe is 100% for Max Brightness. There is some flickering at certain points when the truck isn't even turned on yet and also transitioning from headlights to DRL, you can see this when I back out of the garage. I wasn't sure if this is where guys were saying that needed to drop down to 75% brightness. Another thing is that I had a DTC when first entering Forscan, it was for my passenger low beam, says to check the circuit for any loose connections or faulty connections. I did press in all fuses to seat them better, maybe that was the reason. I'll keep an eye on this.

My big concern is the tails coming on with the new DRL setup, I did leave it as DRL with Parking Lights since that turns on the 3 amber marker lights on the grille. I have been reading some new cars are starting to add DRLs on tails but I can't recall a good example of a manufacture having stock DRLs on the front and rear of the vehicle.

When I turn on the truck, why don't the DRLs come on, it's only once I put it in gear, you can see it at one point when I start it there are no front lights at all, is that how it should be?

22' Ford Raptor DRL Options

Last edited:

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice video! I wish there was a way to enable the stock DRL configuration in auto headlight mode for the parking lights mode.

*edit* to answer your question, that’s how headlights work. No DRLs until in drive in auto.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice video! I wish there was a way to enable the stock DRL configuration in auto headlight mode for the parking lights mode.

*edit* to answer your question, that’s how headlights work. No DRLs until in drive in auto.
But I'm in park, why wouldn't the parking lights be on, it's clearly different when it is night, headlights come on and parking lights as well. I guess I've never analyzed parking/drl/headlights this way as much.

In the second clip, parking lights come on when the ignition is pressed, once started they shut off, although I am still in park. I wonder if this is a setting in the infotainment that I have maybe conflicting

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump the thread...

Still trying to understand if this is correct and stock, in Park, why would the parking lights not be on?

I also believe that I had seen my wife drive her Range Rover with DRL tails on. I was also thinking about night driving once the headlights of any vehicle come on the DRL on the tails typically light up as well. So maybe DRL tails isn't that uncommon....

lancemccollum

Reaction score
Made lots of great changes, using forescan, while I was at TMX last week. Glare free lighting, DRL, setting the shock parameters correctly, etc. But, does anyone know if you can change it so that the truck defaults to day time running lights on, every time you start it?

Chop96

Reaction score
Made lots of great changes, using forescan, while I was at TMX last week. Glare free lighting, DRL, setting the shock parameters correctly, etc. But, does anyone know if you can change it so that the truck defaults to day time running lights on, every time you start it?
I don't think the DRLs turn on until you shift out of Park. I made changes and didn't see the DRLs, then remembered seeing they don't turn on until it's in Drive - and I took a video to prove it to myself.
:cheers:

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't think the DRLs turn on until you shift out of Park. I made changes and didn't see the DRLs, then remembered seeing they don't turn on until it's in Drive - and I took a video to prove it to myself.

It really doesn't make sense to me, I had had a video up on this thread but had taken it off, when you are in park (Parking Lights:confused:) the lights are not on, if it's dark out maybe, but during the day I can't understand why when you are in park the lights shut off completely, once you shift to drive they turn on the DRLs.

Chop96

Reaction score
It really doesn't make sense to me, I had had a video up on this thread but had taken it off, when you are in park (Parking Lights:confused:) the lights are not on, if it's dark out maybe, but during the day I can't understand why when you are in park the lights shut off completely, once you shift to drive they turn on the DRLs.
No earthly idea - didn't make sense to me either - but that's exactly what the truck does.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you repost your video(s)?

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was playing around with the options, I was trying to get the yellow bar in between the high and low beam to be on as well...with no luck. In the second option there seems to be flickering before I start the vehicle, I would have had accessory power on before pressing my foot on the brake to start it up. In forscan there is an option for turn signal as DRL, I wanted to see what would happen with the turn signal blinking, but I don't think there is any change.

It's possible these are all different for the non Raptor F-150s.