Forscan drl mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bMwdefector

Reaction score
I have a 2018 SCREW. I am trying to do the mod to change the DRL's on FORscan but it has not taken yet. I have tried the simple route and I have tried the manual route. Both routes give me errors repeatedly. I have done other mods and they were very easy (global windows, Lincoln mirrors, engine & transmission numbers, double horn delete, seatbelt ding delete), secure idle was already engaged and the auto start/stop disable is not taking either but that really does not bother me.

Any ideas why the DRL change is not taking?

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

I turned off the fake engine noise as well. I am sure that these others have nothing to do with the DRL's.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn’t an answer to your question, sorry, but I was wondering what the driving light mod actually did... what are you trying to change?

Edit: drl = driving light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bMwdefector

bMwdefector

Reaction score
DRL = Daytime Running Lights. Factory stock turns the low beams on at reduced intensity when the truck goes into drive. The Forscan has a few settings there and I am wanting to switch it where the ambers are on instead.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DRL - Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)
BCM 726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 01xx

did this and it turns the parking lights on and disables the headlights when using drl mode, also keep in mind i believe you need to have the selector in auto for this to work correctly. i did it twice and had no issues with it, i have not tried the other options.

OP
OP
bMwdefector

bMwdefector

Reaction score
I am aware of the Drive and Auto selections. I am going to try it again tonight. Just found out last night that my seatbelt ding is not disabled when my wife got to go for a ride with me. Maybe I am not setting them in stone correctly. I am sure it is user error.

I tried searching the forums. I am sure it is user error again but I was not finding it anywhere that is DRL specific. I was hoping someone had an easy fix. User error is the hardest fix sometimes.

HotLap - I am using a windows computer with bluetooth connected to OBDLINK MX 426101. FORscan is the software you can get online. I would imagine it works on other Fords but I cannot confirm that as I have never tried. Hell, I am still trying to figure out how to use in on my Raptor.

OP
OP
bMwdefector

bMwdefector

Reaction score
All is well. I was able to get it to take last night.

One interesting thing of note I also found. I was in the ACM easy mode and there was a line for the speakers (sorry I do not remember the exact wording). To the right it said error so I opened the edit box - 0 was for error or nothing and there were 2 other lines for the SCAB with "X" speakers and SCREW with 7 speakers and Kicker. I set it to the SCREW with 7 and kicker and the audio came alive. The sub woke up and provided bass and the whole system was much louder than previously. I will post this in the appropriate place but I found it very interesting and thought others may want to check for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts