FORSCAN / COBB Tuning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Have completed some basic changes to my 2020 using FORSCAN; folding mirrors, chimes, etc. Was looking today to purchasing COBB Accessport (Stage 1+) and Representative stated "would not advise using Accessport writing ECU/TCM tunes on an altered system. They have not tested and may "cause serious issues."" Suggested rolling back to OEM if I want to use COBB tunes - and not uses FORSCAN after either. Understand the abundance of caution, but thought they were separate modules/units. Anyone have real experience with FORSCAN and COBB?

Semperfi88

Reaction score
I have used the Stage 1 Cobb Access port on my 2020 Raptor. I did the ECU and TCU flash. I also installed the Carbon Fiber cold air intake from Cobb. Would recommend to everyone! Increase of around 90hp and the same for torque. Alot of people experience low gear jumps in the transmission, the TCU flash smooths that out considerably.

gopher870

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor with Cobb Tuner BUT a GooseTune and used it after making many Forscan changes without issue (at least 12k+ miles using both, maybe more, I'd have to go back and check my records when I exactly did the install). There were no warnings about Forscan use when I did my tune. Things might have changed since....but I don't know what could have by the 2020 MY.

Honestly, I have not been keeping up with the forum, tech, and 2019-2020 changes as it relates to tunes. Only been told that the next gen 2021+ trucks might be more difficult to tune or Forscan as the modules are locked down for wireless updates but I don't have proof of that. Good luck.

OP
OP
CTK59

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
I have used the Stage 1 Cobb Access port on my 2020 Raptor. I did the ECU and TCU flash. I also installed the Carbon Fiber cold air intake from Cobb. Would recommend to everyone! Increase of around 90hp and the same for torque. Alot of people experience low gear jumps in the transmission, the TCU flash smooths that out considerably.
Thanks.. mpg change after flash??

Semperfi88

Reaction score
Just depends on how often you like to take advantage of all that new horsepower! Haven't looked at my mpg since the tune, scared! Lol

Doc D

Reaction score
2020 SCREW w/ Cobb Stage 2 kit, Goose Tuned. 15 MPG around town. 16 MPG on highway. Normal driving for the most part.

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just to clarify, there should not be any major concerns in making adjustments in FORSCAN as long as those changes aren't directly related to calibration data for the engine or transmission. Most of the changes we see made within FORSCAN don't touch that data, so you should be good to go alongside of Accessport tuning.

Marshall@COBB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free