GEN 1 Forscan Changes you made to your Gen1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have been looking into getting the forscan to try and make some changes to the truck lights but from the docs/search is unclear what the practical changes that can be made to the Gen1 are. Gen2 guys seem to have a lot of options.

Anyway, I would love to be able to have my amber hood lights on with ignition and from the spreadsheet it's unclear if this can be done, does anyone know if this is possible?

What have you done to your Gen1 that is cool and would be worth buying the unit for. Hoping for some good feedback before I spend the $50 and time. Thanks!

Spreasheet I have been looking at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vHJXZPBfqJs94JIf45c7X2zgg/edit#gid=1329872825

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, you can run your markers and clearance lights as driving lights using forscan, I did it on mine. It has been a while and I don't remember the details, I do remember it taking only a few minutes to figure out via trial and error.

You can also change the "half click" turn signal from 3 blinks to 5 (awesome mod).

ThomasW

Reaction score
Removed the 6 programmed pats keys the truck was “programmed” with (i only got one when i bought it) and programmed 2 new keys.

Turned off hyperflash for the front turn signals.

Shepherd_

Reaction score
Forescan is free and the programming was only $30

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

* removed the Sirius so that my Phone is on the first screen
* disabled hyper flash so that my aftermarket (brighter bulbs) no longer hyperflash.
* disabled NAV lockout while moving

If anyone knows how to remove that annoying message (the one that allows you to enable or disable the rear sensors) that you get when you put it in reverse (in the gauge cluster) - I have removed the sensors when I went to the SVC bumper.

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fun note. If you have the GJ Motorsports 3rd brake light and hard wire it into truck harness backwards, your marker lights will come on when brakes applied. I kind of like it since I’m yet to re wire it.