Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bendensez

Reaction score
So is it safe to assume that the 2017 codes work for 2018 also?

They are all looking the same to me (comparing default values in my 2018 system to what the spreadsheet says). I've successfully changed the following so far: Lincoln style auto fold mirrors and double horn honk disable. For what it's worth, secure idle seems to be already enabled for 2018, so no change is necessary there.

rsflv

Reaction score
Auto mute

I just bought my first Raptor (had a couple F-150s) and am new to the forum. I really appreciate Liv and everybody's info on Forscan. I'm about to start making mods. One thing I haven't seen yet is an option to automatically mute the navigation audio prompts when on a phone call? I see the mute guidance button, but would like it this to be automated. Is this possible?

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
Not really a Forscan topic, but I hope I can get Livnitup's attention, my first real bug with Sync 3 v3.0. It didn't do this from the start, but now every time I start the truck I get a notice about WiFi... I toggled all of the WiFi and auto-update settings, which I have noticed on the v3.0 update fixes a few issues I've had. All minor issues really, but some settings don't seem to work until you toggle them off-on. Another for instance was the LED lighting. It didn't work and was acting weird until I selected a new color and brightness. Any ideas or have you seen this Livnitup?

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really a Forscan topic, but I hope I can get Livnitup's attention, my first real bug with Sync 3 v3.0. It didn't do this from the start, but now every time I start the truck I get a notice about WiFi... I toggled all of the WiFi and auto-update settings, which I have noticed on the v3.0 update fixes a few issues I've had. All minor issues really, but some settings don't seem to work until you toggle them off-on. Another for instance was the LED lighting. It didn't work and was acting weird until I selected a new color and brightness. Any ideas or have you seen this Livnitup?

Have you actually connected to any WiFi with the truck yet? The reason I ask is because after I did the update it was bugging me too until I actually connected to my home WiFi and entered my WiFi password and it hasn't asked me since no matter where I'm at. You could try doing a Master Reset under settings, general and/or try resetting the APIM in FORScan under the wrench icon and see if that helps any.

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
Have you actually connected to any WiFi with the truck yet? The reason I ask is because after I did the update it was bugging me too until I actually connected to my home WiFi and entered my WiFi password and it hasn't asked me since no matter where I'm at. You could try doing a Master Reset under settings, general and/or try resetting the APIM in FORScan under the wrench icon and see if that helps any.

I have connected to WiFi and let it check for updates once initially after install. I'll try deleting the connection and reconnecting. If that doesn't work I will try the master reset or just turn the WiFi on/off manually when I want to check for updates. I'm not too concerned because the odds of seeing another update from Ford are slim. Thanks Liv for the response. Appreciated.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, the following has been reported working in '18 Raptors for completely disabling Start/Stop if anyone is interested in trying for '17s also:

BCM 726-48-02 x0xx xxxx xx
FCIM 7A7-01-01 xxxx x0xx xx (optional - disables switch)
IPC 720-01-01 xxxx 1xxx xx (optional - disables stop/start message center in the trip/fuel IPC menu)

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
Android Auto and Sync 3 v3 definitely have issues. Android Auto crashes a lot. Runs for a few minutes, then crashes. The more you try doing with it the more it crashes.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

PupDawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the equipment in yesterday for ForScan, hooked it up today and set up Lincoln mirrors, got rid of the doublehonk, added seat and steering wheel controls to the display, set up DTR to leds and parking lights, and added the engine and transmission temp above gauges.

Anyone figure out how to add boost and oil pressure numbers above gauges yet?

PupDawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, the following has been reported working in '18 Raptors for completely disabling Start/Stop if anyone is interested in trying for '17s also:

BCM 726-48-02 x0xx xxxx xx
FCIM 7A7-01-01 xxxx x0xx xx (optional - disables switch)
IPC 720-01-01 xxxx 1xxx xx (optional - disables stop/start message center in the trip/fuel IPC menu)

Has anyone confirmed this, does it change country code?