Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it works better than units I've experienced in other vehicles. I've had the system engage by slaming on the brakes so hard due to "seeing/sensing" a crash due to vehicles in left turn only lanes or exiting off of highways, I've had cars almost rear end me.

The tech. is really cool in that it will literally come to a full stop at a light and accelerate on green without ever touching the pedals.

At this point though I don't trust it anymore. YMMV

naamanf

Reaction score
I hope it works better than units I've experienced in other vehicles. I've had the system engage by slaming on the brakes so hard due to "seeing/sensing" a crash due to vehicles in left turn only lanes or exiting off of highways, I've had cars almost rear end me.

The tech. is really cool in that it will literally come to a full stop at a light and accelerate on green without ever touching the pedals.

At this point though I don't trust it anymore. YMMV

BMW version works very well, never had any of those issues. Hopefully the Ford version works the same.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now there’s a company that is entirely too impressed with itself.

LOL that's funny. There goes Smurf again with his Euro skepticism :)

But I do agree. BMW has been talking amongst itself for quite a while now. They should go back to their e39/e46 days and build the best driver's cars and stick to that. Bulbous and hideous M6s and X6s are a travesty.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Euro-skeptic. I resemble that remark!

It’s not like brand b were / are incapable of good engineering, some are not too shabby at the auto-x. But yeah, I’ll leave them to others.

Though I do enjoy shooting the bmw logo targets every week... :biggrin:

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did my forscan changes this morning. took about an hr cause i went very slow and careful. (dyslexic)

1: autostart/stop disable
2: secure idle
3: Lincoln auto fold
4: temp gauges and fast boot.
5: fake engine noise off
6: extended play off

big thank you to forscan and livnitup for the expertise shared.

Johanthan

Reaction score
am i missing something? i cannot seem to restore from my backup. do i have to manually change everything back?

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
am i missing something? i cannot seem to restore from my backup. do i have to manually change everything back?

did you back up each module before you changed it? my understanding is you do each one individually.

Johanthan

Reaction score
did you back up each module before you changed it? my understanding is you do each one individually.

yes i have i backed up everything. i click restore all and it does nothing. changes are still there. is that the correct button?