Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it is in the spreadsheet, page 1, tab 1, just like I said

lines 95/96

TPMS "Specified" Value Displayed (Placard pressure) IPC 720-04-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx Trailer Brake Controller Gain & TPMS Specified Value
"
0=TBC Gain disabled & TPMS Specified Value disabled, 4=TBC Gain enabled & TPMS Specified Value disabled, 8=TBC Gain disabled & TPMS Specified Value enabled, C=TBC Gain enabled & TPMS Specified Value enabled”

Liv, is that what he’s looking for?

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score

lines 95/96

TPMS "Specified" Value Displayed (Placard pressure)IPC720-04-01xx*xxxxxxxxxTrailer Brake Controller Gain & TPMS Specified Value
"
0=TBC Gain disabled & TPMS Specified Value disabled, 4=TBC Gain enabled & TPMS Specified Value disabled, 8=TBC Gain disabled & TPMS Specified Value enabled, C=TBC Gain enabled & TPMS Specified Value enabled”

Smurf, what's on that spreadsheet is for IPC. What liv posted is for BCM.

Liv, I went ahead and changed it to "726-40-01 xxxx 1E1E xxxx" (30 PSI front and back) and now truck just says "Tire Low" and "--" for each wheel. It throws this error message right after startup, as well as in the tire pressure screen.

Does that mean I have to retrain the TPMS after changing the acceptable values to 30 psi?
a4d983b8ee71c7df52f6bfb69cb934f5.jpg8c61cc6d787cb0030ea7db08ef25601c.jpg

Last edited:

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score

lines 95/96

TPMS "Specified" Value Displayed (Placard pressure) IPC 720-04-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx Trailer Brake Controller Gain & TPMS Specified Value
"

No, that just enables whatever value set for placard tire pressure in BCM actually displays in the TPMS screen in the cluster showing what the specified tire pressure for front/back should be.
2qxsu83.jpg

Smurf, what's on that spreadsheet is for IPC. What liv posted is for BCM.

Liv, I went ahead and changed it to "726-40-01 xxxx 1E1E xxxx" (30 PSI front and back) and now truck just says "Tire Low" and "--" for each wheel. It throws this error message right after startup, as well as in the tire pressure screen.

Does that mean I have to retrain the TPMS after changing the acceptable values to 30 psi?
a4d983b8ee71c7df52f6bfb69cb934f5.jpg8c61cc6d787cb0030ea7db08ef25601c.jpg

Drive around the block until the numbers show in TPMS and you should be good.

Last edited:

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, that just enables whatever value set for placard tire pressure in BCM actually displays in the TPMS screen in the cluster showing what the specified tire pressure for front/back should be.
2qxsu83.jpg

Drive around the block until the numbers show in TPMS and you should be good.
That took care of it liv. Thank you.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up - if I decide to implement this change, now I have a better picture of what needs doing.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up - if I decide to implement this change, now I have a better picture of what needs doing.

Its a no brainer. I have winter temps set to 30 and will reset summer to 38. No more annoying warnings at each startup and annoying tpms light.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a pain in the ass.

THIS has reminded me how much a detest Windoze. :flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird: I got the cheap tablet with win 10, it’s been 2 hours just to get the thing to freakin’ connect between all the downloads, failed install because I need .net, .net not compatible, get older version, download new software, blah, blah, blah. Then I have to muddle through bluetooth, then finally connect, try to save and ... no keyboard prompt.

H*ly F*ck.

Then, forced reboot for win10 security updates. No vote. Damn, I thought that was the exclusive domain of rogue IT departments.

In the short time I had access, I managed 2.5 module backups; so, in other words 2. That took me 10 minutes per module.

This is so not worth it.

Step back from the cheap tablet.....hope you finally got it working?

mikeyj67

Reaction score
I did some changes to a buddy's truck for him. He wanted to make a change to the Stereo Extended Play, to 60 minutes. No matter what value we put in there his stereo turns off after 10 minutes. Whenever we recheck the value we changed, it keeps what we are putting in there. Is there something else that needs to be done to enable it? Or do you need to turn the truck on in accessory mode and it automatically turns all power off after the allotted time?

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Step back from the cheap tablet.....hope you finally got it working?

Man, I laughed out loud at that. Yes, I got what I installed working, but that tablet most certainly bedevils me. The last mod i put on - I don’t remember which it was, but I inadvertently hit the value above where i meant to enter. Fortunately, I made one character change, and I was able to easily undo and correct it. Really not the tablet’s fault, but we’ll just say it was a contributor.

Oh, and then I installed the seat icons on the screen, but forgot the steering wheel icon (DOH!) easy fix. good practice.

I may do the temp above gauges and TPMS at some point, but not really motivated to do it. I put on the ones I was really interested in.