Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyj67

Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded you guys rule. I helped a buddy do his truck just a few minutes ago and it scared the shit out of me when we disabled the fake engine noise!!! The pop is so loud.

Last edited:

Sken

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the BY area that would be able to assist with this? Just trying to get the auto fold mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the Lincoln auto-fold mirrors! Awesome!

Can someone explain the difference between the the 7 DRL options?

I'd like the DRLs to be on during the day (with the light switch set to Auto) as well as the markers. Regardless if I remote or traditionally start.

Is that possible?

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone near upstate NY that can help me install? I can drive to Mass, CT, etc. to meet.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What a pain in the ass.

THIS has reminded me how much a detest Windoze. :flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird: I got the cheap tablet with win 10, it’s been 2 hours just to get the thing to freakin’ connect between all the downloads, failed install because I need .net, .net not compatible, get older version, download new software, blah, blah, blah. Then I have to muddle through bluetooth, then finally connect, try to save and ... no keyboard prompt.

H*ly F*ck.

Then, forced reboot for win10 security updates. No vote. Damn, I thought that was the exclusive domain of rogue IT departments.

In the short time I had access, I managed 2.5 module backups; so, in other words 2. That took me 10 minutes per module.

This is so not worth it.

Jhyda

Reaction score
Just an FYI, If you've got a raptor and want the marker lights on all the time, using the DRL Only settings as suggested earlier will cause forscan to throw an error on the second block of settings. Doesn't appear the DRL Only settings are compatible with the Raptor.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a pain in the ass.

THIS has reminded me how much a detest Windoze. :flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird: I got the cheap tablet with win 10,....This is so not worth it.

My experience wasn't quite as bad but I feel your pain. I debated between digging out an old laptop, figuring where I left the charger, running a bunch of updates...only to have XP or Vista. Said screw it. I wanted a keyboard not just a tablet so got the NuVision Duo 10 Touchscreen tablet w/magnetic keyboard and Windows 10 for $149. [I remember paying $172 for a cassette Walkman back in the day...wtf!! Gotta love China!] Anyway...did the updates for Windows while watching some football...went pretty quick. And works great for FORScan. Recommend. Sounds like you did the 8" $67 tablet?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Just an FYI, If you've got a raptor and want the marker lights on all the time, using the DRL Only settings as suggested earlier will cause forscan to throw an error on the second block of settings. Doesn't appear the DRL Only settings are compatible with the Raptor.

think you're doing it wrong. what do you mean, "throw an error on the second block of settings" ?? What change did you make?

Last edited:

Jhyda

Reaction score
think you're doing it wrong. what do you mean, "throw an error on the second block of settings" ?? What change did you make?

Changed these. Forscan errored on 726-50-01.

726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 01xx

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jhyda...think I duplicated it. You get the "writing blocks failed -- incomplete configuration"

I think in the single block entries it incorporates the checksum into that same frame. Be sure you put in "01" not just a "1" in the 2nd position.

My original value was 108E. After getting it to change it is 017F. Try manually entering that.

Now I can't get mine to take 02.... ahhh.

Last edited: