Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm really amazed at what that tool allows you to do. I guess I never really thought about it that much but the potential is there to alter SO many things.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great! Installed Windows (free) on my macbook pro with boot camp and got it setup with Forscan + extended license. Now just waiting for Module to arrive from Amazon! [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can it make my fordpass work and not get a 401 error? That would be ****.
You don't need Forscan for that.

1. Open the app
2. Go to My Vehicles
3. Select your truck
4. Scroll to the bottom
5. Select "Delete Vehicle"
6. Uninstall the app
7. Download and reinstall the app
8. Open the app
9. Scan your VIN
10. Start the vehicle and confirm the onscreen prompts
11. Wait 24 hours and repeat step 10

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this allow you change it so you can activate the e-locker in 2wd?
The relay for the Electronic Locking Differential is thrown from the Transfer Case Control Module. Several parameters have to be met in order for TCCM to energize the ELD coil. Evidently, in the '17 Raptor one of those parameters is set to "not 2wd". If the change can be made, its going to require changing that parameter in the TCCM.

Edit: A google search finds Forscan can access the TCCM. Whether or not the "Not 2wd" parameter is modifiable is past my pay-grade.

Last edited:

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The relay for the Electronic Locking Differential is thrown from the Transfer Case Control Module. Several parameters have to be met in order for TCCM to energize the ELD coil. Evidently, in the '17 Raptor one of those parameters is set to "not 2wd". If the change can be made, its going to require changing that parameter in the TCCM.

Edit: A google search finds Forscan can access the TCCM. Whether or not the "Not 2wd" parameter is modifiable is past my pay-grade.

Great info. Thanks

I wonder if the reason the e-locker won't work in 2wd is a reliability issue. Maybe with the power level of the new motor Ford discovered e-locker in 2wd wouldn't hold up?

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the OBDLink MX not connecting with Windows 10? It connects for me but never finishes. I cannot get to the programming section.
6a7913da23de8316d4b4402d8962f538.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk