Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made some changes this weekend:
- Double honk delete
- Temp gauge displays
- Delete fake engine noise
- Heated/cooled seat and HSW icons on home screen
- Secure idle enable
- Disabled remote tailgate release
- Deuabled door ajar chime (still shows on cluster)
- Extended stereo play (60 min)
- Disabled compass display

Pretty easy to do, once you have the hardware. Anyone needing pointers, I'm happy to help.

Where do I find how to do all of this... I installed app and thought it would be a better UI with things pre programmed... either I am missing something in the app or I need to download stuff?

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do I find how to do all of this... I installed app and thought it would be a better UI with things pre programmed... either I am missing something in the app or I need to download stuff?

Check the link in the first post of this thread.

Jetsco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install the full version on a laptop of just the app on a tablet or phone?

Sbautz

Reaction score
One of the coolest things with this is disabling DRL's on Canadian trucks. We don't get to run around with just the orange markers like the US ones.

I ordered an OBDLink MX, if anyone in Northern AB wants me to disable their DRL's etc I could probably help you out! You can even add an option to enable it in the settings to add and remove the DRL's whenever you want.

I am from sask, when I went into the software to disable drl I got 6 various options for drl. When turned off, i dont think the markers dont stay on. Did you get this same resaults?

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that's annoying. Why were people talking about different phone types etc for it to work if you just use a computer?

The software works on phones, but you can't change any values. You still read all of the code and use the diagnostic part as well as read and clear DTCs. If you want to edit the values to turn features on and off, you need to use the Windows version.