Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have only read through page 155 so if the answer is in the last 30 pages I have not read....don't shoot me.

I want to disable the remote tailgate release from the FOB. I made this change, but it did nothing and still opens vs just unlocks....any suggestions?

BCM 726-38-01, xxxx x1xx xxxx Tailgate Operation Type Cfg: 0=release, 1=unlock

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I want to disable the remote tailgate release from the FOB. I made this change, but it did nothing and still opens vs just unlocks....any suggestions?

I need to read more, I didn’t even know that was a thing. That’s the first ding I put in my truck, on day 2 of ownership no less...

basic question for you, did you completely power cycle the truck after making the change and testing. I recall you need to do an ignition cycle as part of the updates. Just checking...

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to read more, I didn’t even know that was a thing. That’s the first ding I put in my truck, on day 2 of ownership no less...

basic question for you, did you completely power cycle the truck after making the change and testing. I recall you need to do an ignition cycle as part of the updates. Just checking...

Yeah power cycled. Will play with it some more tomorrow.....it was getting dark. Reason I was doing it was my son went to remote start the truck and dropped the tailgate instead. Missed the hood of my GT350 by inches.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
close call. #FirstWorldProblems for sure but I’m glad it didn’t have a much more sad ending to the story. Was this on the ’17 or ’20 ( does it matter ? ) ?

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
close call. #FirstWorldProblems for sure but I’m glad it didn’t have a much more sad ending to the story. Was this on the ’17 or ’20 ( does it matter ? ) ?

The 20. The FOBs changed and button locations are different....in other words he was trying to do it from memory and messed up.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Took my first shot at forscan and did:

-Auto start/stop button disable
-Lincoln folding mirrors
-Engine temp # displayed on gauge screen
-Heated steering wheel + heated/cooled seats on homescreen
-Disable double honk

All the changes work great but I noticed when scrolling through my configured screens that my tire pressures are no longer reading. Has anyone experienced this? Hoping it's an easy fix instead of reverting every module back to stock. Thanks in advance!

IMG_20200305_182937.jpg

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Took my first shot at forscan and did:

-Auto start/stop button disable
-Lincoln folding mirrors
-Engine temp # displayed on gauge screen
-Heated steering wheel + heated/cooled seats on homescreen
-Disable double honk

All the changes work great but I noticed when scrolling through my configured screens that my tire pressures are no longer reading. Has anyone experienced this? Hoping it's an easy fix instead of reverting every module back to stock. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 138958

Go drive it a bit and they should show up again.