Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I've done Forscan changes twice before without issues. Might be perimeter plus but it worked fine after install for months.

Just cleared codes and checked hood. I'm at a loss, guess I'm going to have to disconnect battery

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after reading nearly all 1600+ posts (thanks to all!) and ordering a cheap windows laptop I finally made all the forscan changes I was wanting tonight. Although nervous at first that I was going to screw something up I got comfortable after the first few and all went flawlessly. The only thing that I can’t seem to get to work is the auto tilt mirrors. I went back and checked the values twice and also tried adding the c after the f but no luck. I have a 19 802a is there something I am doing wrong? Maybe I missed something in the posts but don’t think so. I did see the instructions on how to adjust but mine won’t dip at all

Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after reading nearly all 1600+ posts (thanks to all!) and ordering a cheap windows laptop I finally made all the forscan changes I was wanting tonight. Although nervous at first that I was going to screw something up I got comfortable after the first few and all went flawlessly. The only thing that I can’t seem to get to work is the auto tilt mirrors. I went back and checked the values twice and also tried adding the c after the f but no luck. I have a 19 802a is there something I am doing wrong? Maybe I missed something in the posts but don’t think so. I did see the instructions on how to adjust but mine won’t dip at all

Any help appreciated

Same thing happened to me. Made many changes all were flawless then the mirrors mod and no luck. Decided to drive the truck around a bit turned it off and all worked as expected! Wish I had known this earlier. Lol!
Good Luck!

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Made many changes all were flawless then the mirrors mod and no luck. Decided to drive the truck around a bit turned it off and all worked as expected! Wish I had known this earlier. Lol!
Good Luck!

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR
Thanks hopefully this works for me too

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I had the dealer do the TSB and it solved my shifting issues. Can we do this ourselves with Forscan?

Apparently so. I tried it on mine today and it seems to have worked for the time being. Once I got everything hooked up, it literally took less than a minute.

This morning when I was taking my son to school, it was lagging and flaring really bad when shifting up from 7 to 8 gear. I could replicate it at will by manually shifting also. During the shift, the rpm's would raise a couple hundred rpm and felt like it was actually slowing down, about half a second later it would drop into 8th and be normal, until the next go around. Also, the slamming into 5th gear in sport seems much subdued. I went for about a 30 minute drive and ran it through the gears automatically and manually, perfectly smooth and regular shifts.

It feels like it did when I had the dealer reflash the tranny earlier this year. That lasted a while, don't recall how long. Then back to the same old 8th gear shit. Fingers crossed it lasts for a while.