Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DRL: Anyway to have low beams as well as the 3 front LEDs on during the day?
This is what I did but it also turns on the parking lights. However the parking lights are pretty dim in DRL.

BCM 726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little thing I discovered

My mirrors don't auto dip when I reverse

And you can't initiate a memory unless you're in neutral or park

Going from drive to neutral then pressing recall 3 (saved as mirror dip) then reverse is cumbersome

I discovered of I press recall 3 while still in drive and then shift to reverse, it'll initiate position 3

So it's not automatic, you still have to swiftly press 3 but it's better than coming to a full stop to initiate the mirror dip

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little thing I discovered

My mirrors don't auto dip when I reverse

And you can't initiate a memory unless you're in neutral or park

Going from drive to neutral then pressing recall 3 (saved as mirror dip) then reverse is cumbersome

I discovered of I press recall 3 while still in drive and then shift to reverse, it'll initiate position 3

So it's not automatic, you still have to swiftly press 3 but it's better than coming to a full stop to initiate the mirror dip

You're making it waaaaay too complicated. Once reverse mirror feature is enabled in FORScan all you have to do is add the reverse mirror position to your existing stored button. In my case button #1. So get in your truck. Start the engine. Then with your foot on the brake, shift into reverse. Press the button to select the right mirror. Adjust the right mirror to your desired position so that it is tilted down showing you the rear tire sidewall and any curb that is on your passenger side. Then press and hold the #1 button until the chime is heard signaling that the memory position was saved. You can repeat this same procedure with the driver's side mirror.

To use the feature...when you are driving your truck and wanting to activate the rear mirror position...simply select either the left or right mirror button and shift into reverse (or shift into reverse and then press the left or right mirror button -- either order works). The mirror will go to the position which you stored for the reverse position.

Easy peasy. Simple as pie.

What you're trying to do is change the mirror position as just a standard saved button which as you've noted you can't do while the truck is in motion because it doesn't want you to be driving down the road, press the button and all of sudden little 5'1" Suzy can't reach the pedals anymore because she pressed the button for 6'4" Johnny's stored seat settings.

Use the FORScan setting as it was designed and it works perfectly fine.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The procedure that I stated above is how I remember storing everything. It should be noted it varies slightly from the procedure linked in the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet link adds a button press of the memory position after turning on the truck (never a bad idea to be sure you're adjusting the mirrors for the stored button you think) and a 2nd press of the memory button after you complete the procedure and shift to Park. Not sure if either of those is really needed but certainly isn't going to hurt. For those that apparently haven't clicked through to the linked instructions...here they are...copied from PlatinumOwner in the F150 Forum group:

Reverse Tilt Mirror Calibration:

1) Switch the ignition on
2) Press the memory button
3) Select the mirror you want to adjust
4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops
5) When the mirror is in its tilted position and is no longer moving, adjust it with the controls
6) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
7) Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
8) Hold memory button again

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the Ft. Campbell/clarksville/hopkinsville/nashville area that has the ability to do this. Illl bring cash and beer.

ewm98

Reaction score
So I noticed that my ambient lighting stopped working sometime last week. It honestly could have been longer but I didn’t notice it until then. I’ve checked Forscan and find this in the DTCs. Anybody know where the actual ground might be for me to check or something else I should look at?

47686d9ed7573d56b810539044dd08d1.jpg

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I noticed that my ambient lighting stopped working sometime last week. It honestly could have been longer but I didn’t notice it until then. I’ve checked Forscan and find this in the DTCs. Anybody know where the actual ground might be for me to check or something else I should look at?

47686d9ed7573d56b810539044dd08d1.jpg

The ground is everywhere on the frame and body. The fault will be on the power side of the circuit. (Circuit to Ground)

This fault would happen if a wire was pinched and shorted to the body. It could also be caused by corrosion in lamp sockets but unlikely in your case.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Does your glove box light work? Check #1 fuse in the interior fuse box...think that may be the correct one. ??

Derrick Hernandez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the Houston/Galveston area and was wondering if anyone could help me out on this. I can get whatever is needed but would like help going through the process. I'll definitely compensate them for the help and time.