Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I usually come to a full stop to hook up a trailer. Are you talking stupid to get your post count up?

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually come to a full stop to hook up a trailer. Are you talking stupid to get your post count up?

Why would I want to get my post count high?

I meant I liked the idea of setting seat-position 3 to mirror-tilt down - because I could not get the Forscan to do it.

But it appears I cannot press position 3 while reversing to enable the tilt mode.

But later on I noticed that while shifting from D to R, while in N, the position change works.

So instead of having to go from D to P and then press position 3, if I time it right, by pressing 3 while moving from D to R, the mirrors will tilt.

Be nice, now. :)

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on making some FORScan edits this morning, it ended up being a very easy process thanks to all the tutorials out there. I did run into one issue along the way that ended up being a slight defect with my OHP OBD2/USB adapter. Every time I connected the truck to FORScan and had to flip the switch from HS-CAN to MS-CAN during the connection process, it stopped reading and adding modules. After trying different settings and re-trying connections about 10 times, I thought that maybe there was something physically wrong with the switch on the OHP device. I pushed the switch a little harder when prompted, and it read all the modules as needed. Ended up working fine, the device just wasn't 100% perfect.

So if anyone is having trouble during the HS/MS switch, try using a little extra force on the switch itself.

I ended up doing the following edits: Lincoln mirrors, disable auto stop/start, window roll-down/up from keyfob, added heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel to home screen, added temp readouts to gauges, DRLs. The amount of customization possible is very impressive.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you or anyone else has enabled the mirror tilt down let us know how well it works.

I've had it set up for a long time. You can enable it and not use it...as you must hit the button for your left (or right) mirror adjustment in order for it to do anything when you shift into reverse. I always use it when parallel parking. Perfect every time and never so much as a scuff or scrape to the sidewall.

I also occasionally use it when backing out of my garage...usually only if I came in a little tight to one side and I just want a more full on view.

I've had it on so many other vehicles it just seems normal to have it.

bmexline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disabling the Auto Start/Stop using FORScan disables the BMS. Are there any negatives associated with this change? For example, will the truck still turn the lights off to prevent the battery draining if they are left on?

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yes, cao0215 many of us know how to successfully connect to the truck. Nice of two0seven to come back to you after a month. If you're serious about connecting and want help let's start with the basics. Which adapter do you have? Have you read the tutorial? What have you tried? Are you running the latest FORScan version and do you have a license?

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DRL: Anyway to have low beams as well as the 3 front LEDs on during the day? Or just run the three front LEDS? I am sure someone has figured this out
Steps
1) 726-45-01 xxxx **xx xxxx DRL Lamp Mask Cfg *allow all DRL choices=7F
2) 726-50-01 ????

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free