Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
With all due respect, if you can't even work out what version of Sync you have do you really think you should be messing with this? Things can go south quickly on your $70k truck.

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, if you can't even work out what version of Sync you have do you really think you should be messing with this? Things can go south quickly on your $70k truck.
Reading up on it now .you are right

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a long thread on the f150 forum about Forscan. Read the first post and all the links in it very closely. Do that before you do anything else with forscan. Your welcome.

southof30A

Reaction score

I wish that I could find a commercial shop that I could hire to make some Forscan changes, exactly for the reason quoted above.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish that I could find a commercial shop that I could hire to make some Forscan changes, exactly for the reason quoted above.
It’s not that bad. I’m a nuts and bolts kind of guy, didn’t even have a up to date computer before doing forscan. I just read every page of the thread and backed up the asbuilt before making any changes. I also had to buy a new laptop.

OffRoader01

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not that bad. I’m a nuts and bolts kind of guy, didn’t even have a up to date computer before doing forscan. I just read every page of the thread and backed up the asbuilt before making any changes. I also had to buy a new laptop.

Just backup before and after every change. I name them by the date and series. For example PCM_AsBuilt_20190401_1. Then PCM_Changed_20190401_1. Go slow. The backups are your safety net. If anything seems wrong just restore to the previous “changed” file or just restore your “AsBuilt” and you’re good to go.

To be extra cautious write down or keep a file listing what change you made next to the file name. For your first time, have extra time to go very slow. After your first few changes that’s when confidence comes in and you off and running.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As above and be sure to back up those as built files to several drives to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

encyphor

Reaction score
This is being reported as allowing the DRLs at full brightness instead of the reduced voltage they normally have if anyone wants to try it out. I haven't time to confirm/deny it myself yet though.
BCM 726-29-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx

So does this pertain to just the stock DRLs that are the reduced voltage low beams turned up to full voltage?

I just tried this one today, I couldn't perceive an increase in brightness on the parking light LEDs setup to run alongside standard DRLs.