Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both the dealer and I are stuck and hoping someone might have a solution. I went to the dealer to have them perform a transmission update for my Gen2.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 2.7L/3.5L/5.0L Engine And 10R80 Transmission - Harsh/Bumpy Shift And/Or Engagement Concerns - Built On Or Before 15-May-2018

and that reflash has thrown the P160A code. I thought it was my 37-inch tire size so they went back and reverted to the original setting but that did not clear the code. I just performed the "PCM Module Initiation/relearn vehicle data" but the wrench and code persist.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Attachments

• TSB 18-2274 (3) (1) (2).pdf
    288.8 KB · Views: 10

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, go back and check your ECU with FORScan to make sure all the "as-built" modules are correct. Something was done that the ECU doesn't like, so it must be taken back to original configuration. When you are sure the ECU is original, then you can proceed. If you/dealer flashed over it, there may be some failed bits in the memory.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both the dealer and I are stuck and hoping someone might have a solution. I went to the dealer to have them perform a transmission update for my Gen2.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 2.7L/3.5L/5.0L Engine And 10R80 Transmission - Harsh/Bumpy Shift And/Or Engagement Concerns - Built On Or Before 15-May-2018

and that reflash has thrown the P160A code. I thought it was my 37-inch tire size so they went back and reverted to the original setting but that did not clear the code. I just performed the "PCM Module Initiation/relearn vehicle data" but the wrench and code persist.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Livinitup once again had the fix. Here it is in case anyone else runs into the issue " First, I'd set your tire size back to 37-inch in BCM and then do the PCM relearn and then do a TCM relearn and this should remove the wrench icon and allow your 37 inch tires."

Gilligan

Reaction score
Has anyone with a 2018 done secure idle? When I went to do the change that was already how it was in the system. And just to be sure I double checked and was able to put it into drive so it wasn’t set from the factory or anything like that.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of our 2018’s came from the factory with secure idle. I was going to do it myself, but I tested both before I hooked up the computer and when I removed the key and tried to put them into drive I got a “no key” message and the shifter would not move out of park.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Both of our 2018’s came from the factory with secure idle. I was going to do it myself, but I tested both before I hooked up the computer and when I removed the key and tried to put them into drive I got a “no key” message and the shifter would not move out of park.

Maybe I had the key too close when I tested, but when I held the key out the window in the same fashion while driving it popped up no key. i'll retest in a bit

ETA: Yeup factory enabled just didn’t take the key far enough away or maybe there’s a slight 5-10second delay or something. Thanks for saving me the headache of chasing shadows

Last edited:

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my computer hooked up to the truck ,key on and I’m getting this message .can someone help

I’m using a hp laptop with windows 8.1

2A16C0CD-B7C1-4C60-9E87-5A4D52ACBC14.jpeg

F75BFB77-9C95-43F2-9F27-34712EB10387.jpeg