Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All this information...and we still can NOT get a real oil pressure sender. Ours is just basically an idiot light switch, set to who knows what PSI to trigger, hooked up to a 'fake' pressure display.

Does it really matter if it's 40 or 70 or 90 or whatever? With the georotor style oil pumps, it's either going to have good oil pressure, or the oil pump gears will shatter and you will instantly have zero pressure. The dummy light is all that's needed.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just wish we had an oil temp gauge. coolant temp does not give you a true indication of how hot your motor is. it is designed to get to 200-220 degrees and stay there.

but oil temp will fluctuate from 195 - 220 in normal driving, and push 240 when you are working the motor hard. would be nice to see when that happens and be aware when temps go above that.

Does the Gen II EB engine have a coolant/oil heat exchanger? If so, the oil and coolant should be pretty much the same at all times.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the Gen II EB engine have a coolant/oil heat exchanger? If so, the oil and coolant should be pretty much the same at all times.

not sure on the heat exchanger.....but oil temps get significantly hotter then coolant temps when at track / off road events where you are constantly on power.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any with a 19 get the codes for the new displays?

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm saying that we will know exactly what every line is code is responsible for, and what every option is for every line of code.

Before we were guessing- looking at one truck and another and figuring out the differences, then finding those same differences in the code. For example, by comparing two 100% identical trucks, you could find the DRL setting by comparing a US truck to a Canadian truck.

There is still a whole bunch of code we have no idea what it does, but that's about to change. They are working on decoding the 15+ trucks, and the 09-14 trucks as well. Some of the full decode has been posted already for at least one module on the 15+ trucks.

What you can and can't do are simply limitations of the hardware itself. If the spotlight hardware can do what you want it to do given the software commands we can send it- then yes- you could do that.

If not, then no. If it's not able to accept a command from it's controlling module that will make it do what you want, no amount of software will change that. For example- you cannot do auto open windows on a 09-14, or autofold mirrors. The power window motor hardware in the 09-14 trucks is not capable of accepting any type of command to make it do that.

I have the complete mapping for the clusters on 2015-present already (and most of the other modules) and am updating my spreadsheets with all the modules that I have as I get time. The fancy new screens on the 2019 Raptor cluster screen won't be able to be programmed to the pre-2019 cluster via FORScan; this is a firmware change and not something that can be programmed so don't get your hopes up on that.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The fancy new screens on the 2019 Raptor cluster screen won't be able to be programmed to the pre-2019 cluster via FORScan; this is a firmware change and not something that can be programmed so don't get your hopes up on that.

What....you mean turning something on that never existed can't be done....lol

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I have the complete mapping for the clusters on 2015-present already (and most of the other modules) and am updating my spreadsheets with all the modules that I have as I get time. The fancy new screens on the 2019 Raptor cluster screen won't be able to be programmed to the pre-2019 cluster via FORScan; this is a firmware change and not something that can be programmed so don't get your hopes up on that.

Awesome. Since you're here, did anyone find a way to make the mirror side spot lights come on with the puddle lights? Also anything on scanning all the presets?

Thanks for your work, I will send a few bucks over to your Autism Walk.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Since you're here, did anyone find a way to make the mirror side spot lights come on with the puddle lights? Also anything on scanning all the presets?

Thanks for your work, I will send a few bucks over to your Autism Walk.

Sorry, nothing on either of those.

pigwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I enable the orange DRL ring parking lights, the rear cab lights and rear taillights also turn on. Can the rear lights be disabled and only have the front lights on?