Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quick question this may or may not have been answered. What’s the total cost of forscan if you do it yourself? And are there often any places that can run this for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After updating Sync to the latest version (v3.0) from 2.2, I just discovered that Ford decided to shorten the little box that shows your phone info on the home screen so that they can fit a little tiny heated steering wheel button in it's place. It looks stupid now and totally out of place... not to mention it's repetitive... I already had one under the climate control menu previously... now there's two. So dumb Ford. So dumb.

I looked in Forscan and noticed that the value (after the Sync update) has been changed to now read APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x4xx, which indicated HSW only.

I tried to change the value to 0, indicating NONE, however, while it successfully removed the offending HSW button from the Home screen, it also removed it from the Climate menu, basically rendering it totally inoperative. Good grief.

Anyone have any ideas how to correct this?

Also, can anyone share their full AS BUILT coding for 'APIM 7D0-01-01...' on their truck that hasn't yet had the latest Sync update? You should have Sync 3 (v2.2).

Asinine

Reaction score
After updating Sync to the latest version (v3.0) from 2.2, I just discovered that Ford decided to shorten the little box that shows your phone info on the home screen so that they can fit a little tiny heated steering wheel button in it's place. It looks stupid now and totally out of place... not to mention it's repetitive... I already had one under the climate control menu previously... now there's two. So dumb Ford. So dumb.

I looked in Forscan and noticed that the value (after the Sync update) has been changed to now read APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x4xx, which indicated HSW only.

I tried to change the value to 0, indicating NONE, however, while it successfully removed the offending HSW button from the Home screen, it also removed it from the Climate menu, basically rendering it totally inoperative. Good grief.

Anyone have any ideas how to correct this?

Also, can anyone share their full AS BUILT coding for 'APIM 7D0-01-01...' on their truck that hasn't yet had the latest Sync update? You should have Sync 3 (v2.2).
Hopefully you did a backup before modifying. The options for that APIM code should be listed in the forscan options spreadsheet.

In the spreadsheet, there’s an option for displaying the heated/cooled seat buttons next to the heated steering wheel. That’s what I did, looks balanced now.

Freeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the auto start/stop, double honk and steering wheel heater icon. I can't seem to be able to do the temp above gauges. According to the guide the address should be 720-07-01. Checked every module and I don't see any numbers that start with 720. Am I some how missing a module ?
IMG_5441.JPG

Honinspire02

Reaction score
New 2018 raptor owner here needing to make some changes in forscan. Have no idea where to start to be honest. Living it up I been trying to find your tuturiol in your signature but don’t see it for some reason. Any of you all in Colorado Springs by chance? Recently picked up a 801a truck and added factory kicker sub with amp but isn’t working. Apparently have to make some changes in forscan and need guidance on what I need to change. Appreciate anyone that can help set me in the right direction. Thanks

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New 2018 raptor owner here needing to make some changes in forscan. Have no idea where to start to be honest. Living it up I been trying to find your tuturiol in your signature but don’t see it for some reason. Any of you all in Colorado Springs by chance? Recently picked up a 801a truck and added factory kicker sub with amp but isn’t working. Apparently have to make some changes in forscan and need guidance on what I need to change. Appreciate anyone that can help set me in the right direction. Thanks
I'm in the same boat

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while since I logged on here but I found a new goodie today for anyone that doesn't like the three chimes that sound every time you start your truck (the doo-doo-doo chimes)

IPC 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx - disables these chimes