Forgot to order Pano Sunroof on my 37 code orange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
If it did hurt resale it would be minor. It will save you headaches down the road not having to worry about exploding sunroof tracks and sunroof leaks!

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
Hi All
I forgot to somehow add the sunroof option, do you think it will significantly hurt resale value? Luckily I bought the truck at list.

FYI THE CODE ORANGE IS AMAZING. THE PICTURES MAKE IT LOOK RED BUT ITS A BRIGHT ORANGE IN PERSON.
I ordered my CO without a sunroof. I think it may add value to it down the line. ha

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations on your order.

I only buy trucks without a sunroof. Extra weight exactly where you don’t want it. Glass is the last thing I want between my head and the road if I flip it. The extra bolstering around the sunroof lowers the ceiling in those areas which is annoying to most tall people. The usual leak fears are exasperated times 100 if you actually off-road a lot.

Maybe God was looking out for you.

Don't know what you consider to be tall, but at 6'3", I've never remotely been concerned about ceiling height in the gen 2 with a sunroof. However, it absolutely is an unnecessary moving part that can break, and surely not helpful for offroading.

I am mixed on whether I would want a sunroof on my next vehicle. Ideally, I like the idea of just rolling the screen back to a glass window, I don't really need it to open. Either way though, I can't imagine sunroof would keep me from a good deal on a used vehicle.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for my Raptor, it took a while to locate one w/o the sun roof. I had heard of leakage issues as well as seal drying out. I had later moved to AZ and that concerned me with the high heat and all. Very happy w/o sunroof and I don’t think it would hinder the resale if that were to ever happen :)

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I forgot to somehow add the sunroof option, do you think it will significantly hurt resale value? Luckily I bought the truck at list.

FYI THE CODE ORANGE IS AMAZING. THE PICTURES MAKE IT LOOK RED BUT ITS A BRIGHT ORANGE IN PERSON.
As you can see, most of the guys here are not fans of sunroofs (myself included). You have, without knowing it, ordered yourself a unicorn in the Raptor world, a fully loaded 37 without the damn sunroof. Be happy about that!

Not only do I have to clean/lube the rails on my unwanted/unused/very much hated sunroof, I also paid an extra $50 to put 5% limo tint on it in case my sunshade is ever open.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Run a Ford dealership won’t make a difference. In some instances people want it without one due to the known sun roof issues. At most 1295 less than the exact truck with a roof.
You say you run a Ford dealership eh…got any 37 allocations @ MSRP? LOL

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
If you’re ever going to Baja it you’ll be glad not to have the panoroof. No hare for those that love the roof but you surely are more vulnerable if jumping it.