Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Forged Offroad IWE lines

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Jonny V, Mar 28, 2019.

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
  1. Jonny V

Jonny V Full Access Member

Maybe I should just get the stock part from the dealer. It seems like the way to go is just to maintain the system and maybe the kind of mod Dane is talking about rather than wholesale changing things up.

2. Truckzor

Truckzor FRF Addict

The guys at KHC tried installing a set of these lines for me recently. After smoke testing them, we switched back to stock.

Jonny V likes this.
  3. alveolartrill

alveolartrill Full Access Member

I think I have a leak on the lines. I replaced the solenoid and the check valve. But I still get the grinding sound on 2WD once in a while.

Can you tell us a little more about the smoke testing? Was the Forged Offroad IWE lines not a great quality and leaking?

I'm debating if I should get the Forged IWE lines or just get new OE stock lines.

4. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

Get a vacuum gauge. Something like $15 with a harbor freight brake bleed kit. Then you can test for leaks in the whole system very easily.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    alveolartrill likes this.
  5. Snapper

Snapper Member

So I click on that link and read....

".
    [snip]
    The RCV Wider then stock kits removes the OEM IWE ring and replace it with a wider ring. Made from 4340 Chromoly Steel. Simply remove the stock IWE and install these sleeve in their original place. Once installed, your hubs will stiff function just like suck but with double the engagement from CV to Hub. Confident in their design and strength, these gears come with a RCV Performance limited lifetime warranty against breakage!"

Wow, way to proof read. That is some funny chit right there!

6. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

Yeah, been like that for a while too. Confident in their design and strength, not their grammar apparently.

7. 98infinity

98infinity Full Access Member

So what's the consensus on the forged silicon lines? No beuno?

8. eastreich

eastreich Member

I've had no issues at all with the silicone line setup from Forged for the 20,000 miles I have had them on.

I hated the stock vacuum hose setup on my '06 Screw and had no intention of leaving my Raptor stock in that department either with all the problems I had on the '06.

I do plan to upgrade to the thicker IWE gears when I go through my entire front end (UCAs, lower ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings) this coming winter and I have an electric vacuum pump from a 7.3 Power Stroke to plumb in to make sure I have no issues at all when I want the truck to stay in 2WD.

9. bigrig

bigrig Full Access Member

Anyone thinking of going with the wider IWE rings through RPG, place your orders early. I have been waiting on my order for over two months now. RPG is just a reseller for these rings and are beholden to RCV's schedule. Sort of frustrating.

eastreich likes this.