Forged Offroad IWE lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jonny V

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the hoses are very tight fit on the two tiny metal tubes on the IWE, take your time and don't force them. I don't like the type of connector they used at the vacuum connection end by the master cylinder, it does not have as positive of a connection as the stock connector. I put some specialty self sealing tape around this connection, as I don't trust it.

Maybe I should just get the stock part from the dealer. It seems like the way to go is just to maintain the system and maybe the kind of mod Dane is talking about rather than wholesale changing things up.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The guys at KHC tried installing a set of these lines for me recently. After smoke testing them, we switched back to stock.

alveolartrill

Reaction score
The guys at KHC tried installing a set of these lines for me recently. After smoke testing them, we switched back to stock.

I think I have a leak on the lines. I replaced the solenoid and the check valve. But I still get the grinding sound on 2WD once in a while.

Can you tell us a little more about the smoke testing? Was the Forged Offroad IWE lines not a great quality and leaking?

I'm debating if I should get the Forged IWE lines or just get new OE stock lines.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I have a leak on the lines. I replaced the solenoid and the check valve. But I still get the grinding sound on 2WD once in a while.

Can you tell us a little more about the smoke testing? Was the Forged Offroad IWE lines not a great quality and leaking?

I'm debating if I should get the Forged IWE lines or just get new OE stock lines.

Get a vacuum gauge. Something like $15 with a harbor freight brake bleed kit. Then you can test for leaks in the whole system very easily.

Last edited:

Snapper

Reaction score
https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/rcv-iwe-rings/

Select "Thicker" instead of "Eliminator"

You remove your IWEs, pop the stock rings out, and replace with these. I went with entirely new IWEs and wheel bearings at the same time just because I was already in there. I've had tons of IWE problems previously. None since - and now I'm supercharged.

So I click on that link and read....

".
[snip]
The RCV Wider then stock kits removes the OEM IWE ring and replace it with a wider ring. Made from 4340 Chromoly Steel. Simply remove the stock IWE and install these sleeve in their original place. Once installed, your hubs will stiff function just like suck but with double the engagement from CV to Hub. Confident in their design and strength, these gears come with a RCV Performance limited lifetime warranty against breakage!"

Wow, way to proof read. That is some funny chit right there!

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I click on that link and read....

".
[snip]
The RCV Wider then stock kits removes the OEM IWE ring and replace it with a wider ring. Made from 4340 Chromoly Steel. Simply remove the stock IWE and install these sleeve in their original place. Once installed, your hubs will stiff function just like suck but with double the engagement from CV to Hub. Confident in their design and strength, these gears come with a RCV Performance limited lifetime warranty against breakage!"

Wow, way to proof read. That is some funny chit right there!

Yeah, been like that for a while too. Confident in their design and strength, not their grammar apparently.

eastreich

Reaction score
I've had no issues at all with the silicone line setup from Forged for the 20,000 miles I have had them on.

I hated the stock vacuum hose setup on my '06 Screw and had no intention of leaving my Raptor stock in that department either with all the problems I had on the '06.

I do plan to upgrade to the thicker IWE gears when I go through my entire front end (UCAs, lower ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings) this coming winter and I have an electric vacuum pump from a 7.3 Power Stroke to plumb in to make sure I have no issues at all when I want the truck to stay in 2WD.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone thinking of going with the wider IWE rings through RPG, place your orders early. I have been waiting on my order for over two months now. RPG is just a reseller for these rings and are beholden to RCV's schedule. Sort of frustrating.