Forged Off-road bump stop kit INSTALLATION VIDEO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to document my process in installing the front bump stop kit from Forged Off-road. Overall I’d give the install a 4 out of 10 in difficulty, (6 out of 10 if you have big hands) unless you have a frame cut bumper. The metal circle inside the frame is fairly hard to remove but that was my only hiccup. Drivers side took about 50 minutes start to finish.

Link for video below, any questions please feel free to ask!

OP
OP
98rangerdave

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it feel after installation? Do you feel the truck riding on the bump a lot for everyday use?

As of now my PSI is too high, I need to lower the bumps to under 100 psi and see how it does. I’m on bottom perch and only have 1/8” before hitting the bumps. I am planning on going mid perch next weekend so hopefully that’ll give me extra clearance. I’ll keep you posted once I make the mid perch switch.

SuperExplorer

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. I can see it being great for a lot of off road use, but for everyday driving I'd imagine you could remove all the pressure and just charge them when you're going out to play.

OP
OP
98rangerdave

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up lowering the PSI to 65 and they run a lot smoother on road. You can still feel them in a big dip or going up a curb, but much more manageable for daily use at this PSI. Still on lower perch at the moment. Mid perch in future, then I’ll probably move the PSI closer to 100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20