Ford's Jim Farley is probably upsetting dealers, it's about time and I'm ok with that

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Well whatever CEO Farley's goal is ... it will be a uphill climb to move to a Tesla/Rivian type model because of federal/state laws requiring vehicles to be sold through dealers(hips). Can cut them off but can't sell vehicles direct. The auto industry is ripe for change as the current model been around for 60-years. Love to be able to customize/order my Raptor through Ford Pass and have it delivered and not spend HOURS in a dealership

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start sending in the dealers name adding ADMs to Ford customer service. 3 strikes and your out he said.
These guys already are. Not Ford specific though they accept submissions for markups from any Make and dealer, compile and post them, along with sending the lists to the Manufacturers. Will it do any good? Maybe, maybe not. But their website is also useful to consumers as you can search and compare markups in a specific region and they also accept verified MSRP vehicles currently for sale as well.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
last conspiracy theory:
all car manufactures ,now, can produce as much they want but slow down for more $$$$$$$$$$$$

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These changes seem nice… but they will always need a physical presence for service.
ALSO, what if I get T-***** on my way home today? Will I have to walk to work for eight months after placing an order online? I’ll be forced to buy used, or go to a competitor that actually keeps vehicles at the lot for purchase. Something to think about Ford!

Last edited:

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These changes seem nice… but they will always need a physical presence for service.
ALSO, what if I get T-***** on my way home today? Will I have to walk to work for eight months after placing an order online? I’ll be forced to buy used, or go to a competitor that actually keeps vehicles at the lot for purchase. Something to think about Ford!
I’m looking for a pair of comfortable walking shoes I’ll keep you posted. Just got off the phone with another dealer who has 4 2022 Raptors posted online for sale. Turns out They have none in stock. They ordered 4 with a non-negotiable $15k ADM. they have yet to receive an anticipated build date. $5k non refundable deposit to put your name on the allocation.

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are fed up. This is going to be the new norm with every product. Why should we as a consumer accept the old process of haggling? We should all pay the same price. This flipping ******** is exactly that. Not good for the economy...

And dont even get me started on real estate. Unless you are significantly improving a property there should be laws against flipping houses or soon no one will be able to afford them.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well whatever CEO Farley's goal is ... it will be a uphill climb to move to a Tesla/Rivian type model because of federal/state laws requiring vehicles to be sold through dealers(hips). Can cut them off but can't sell vehicles direct. The auto industry is ripe for change as the current model been around for 60-years. Love to be able to customize/order my Raptor through Ford Pass and have it delivered and not spend HOURS in a dealership

I believe part of the reason Ford split the company in two is so they could sell their EVs via the 'Tesla model'. Anyway, Ford seems to have it in good with the current administration, so I wouldn't be surprised if the push Congress to pass laws overriding the current dealership restrictions. Biden's crew will be happy to do that since it'll help the green and paint dealerships as the bad guy. Don't think that's constitutional though, as it's states issue. More than likely, more states will start trying to make things easier for EV sales, which is good for their state economy.

They probably think they don't have to change the rules for ICE vehicles, as people will stop buying them over time.

People are fed up. This is going to be the new norm with every product. Why should we as a consumer accept the old process of haggling? We should all pay the same price. This flipping ******** is exactly that. Not good for the economy...

And dont even get me started on real estate. Unless you are significantly improving a property there should be laws against flipping houses or soon no one will be able to afford them.

I'm not fed up, and I don't mind negotiating over price. You might get away with locked in MSRP for new vehicles, but never on used vehicles.

As far as real estate...it's pretty much all used. If the seller doesn't have the right to set price, who do you think should have that authority? You going to give it to the government? Flipping houses, without improving the property, doesn't cause prices to go up. They go up because supply in the local area goes down and/or demand to live it that area goes up.

I would be interesting in the possibility of limiting individuals or companies buying up investment property though.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got some clarification from a dealer that is charging $5k ADM.

They don’t charge PDI, freight - only licensing and a/c tax.

In the ADM they can add (your choice) undercoating, tint, ceramic coat, extended warranty.

No Ford accessories.

Maybe it’s not such a bad deal.