Fords answer to the TRX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Ford is smart. They invested billions in Ecoboost motors. The V8's are nice, especially for just the sound of it. Off roading, it really doesn't matter as I have been with both V8 and V6 Raptors, and suspension is where it counts. But, where most peeps use Raptors is on the street for daily drivers, me included. I have my heavy ass Dodge diesel for the dirt. I would not own a gas guzzling Raptor, like the TRX will be, for a daily. So, the V6 is awesome for me. Still fast and gets good mpg's, just doesn't sound cool. Why can't it be 'to each his own' and just enjoy the Raptor. TRX will just make the Raptor better.

That’s truly all I ever want from ford, why not let us just choose what we want. Makes no sense to me. There is definitely untapped market there just waiting for them...

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait for Ford to toss a performance oriented 7.3 in here and all the nuthuggers who don’t want to deal with ecoblowns out of warranty or trade them in with 1300 miles hop ship and nutswing off the V8 again.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see that the raptor is too far off anyways right now. 1000lb lighter... my truck with an intake, intercooler and tune is almost as fast as the TRX. Current raptor is also likely to achieve 30+% better fuel economy... which means I can run a loner without having to refuel. And raptor is cheaper and already looks better.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The TFL news is rather interesting. Makes sense to me, and I'd be happy to see those two options available.