FordPass (Security Sys)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the last two weeks it appears FordPass has stopped sending me vehicle alarm notifications. Everything I can check looks good. Possibly the quirky app?

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check on your Sync under Vehicle and see if your ESN displays a serial number or if it’s blank.

I had the same issue and had my onboard modem changed and it’s been working great since.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How often does your alarm go off? I’ve had my truck almost a year and it went off exactly once.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How often does your alarm go off? I’ve had my truck almost a year and it went off exactly once.

I have the shock sensor set to maximum sensitivity. I know too soft, but I like the warning beep and if someone pulls the handle to see if it’s open or tampers, it will let them know. So I get my share, when I’m parked in garage, near a train or loud car. Anyway I’d like to know and want it to work.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check on your Sync under Vehicle and see if your ESN displays a serial number or if it’s blank.

I had the same issue and had my onboard modem changed and it’s been working great since.

The serial # is there. All other functionality is working fine too.

I wonder if unplugging the add on shock sensor module might help. It’s otherwise working fine as well.

CarbonFiber

Reaction score
I have the shock sensor set to maximum sensitivity. I know too soft, but I like the warning beep and if someone pulls the handle to see if it’s open or tampers, it will let them know. So I get my share, when I’m parked in garage, near a train or loud car. Anyway I’d like to know and want it to work.

How do you set the sensitivity?

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd delete the app and reinstall. If it still doesn't work, delete the link from in Sync and set back up from scratch. If that doesn't work, call the dealer.

Sensitivity won't matter, if the alarm gets set off it should send a notification to the app. For what it's worth, mine is set to lowest and I still get notifications if it's triggered.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd delete the app and reinstall. If it still doesn't work, delete the link from in Sync and set back up from scratch. If that doesn't work, call the dealer.

Sensitivity won't matter, if the alarm gets set off it should send a notification to the app. For what it's worth, mine is set to lowest and I still get notifications if it's triggered.

I will remove and reinstall the app. You mean remove FordPass from Sync?