Ford working on "clunk issue"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawraptor

Reaction score
Fox is not going out of business any time soon. I’m sure any shock noise issues have already been/are being remedied in future builds

Ryno8551

Reaction score
If you live in a warm climate or have warmer weather it does seem less noticible. More of a loose feeling.

YetiRaptor

Reaction score
I found this info from blue oval forum member CenTexRaptor about the clunk issue,

"Here is what I got from another owner who is in a service role "I reached out to a dealer contact, he submitted a request to hotline for assistance with this issue. They told him the noise is isolated to the shocks, and that engineering is working on a solution and to monitor OASIS for updates. They advised not to replace parts at this time, since they would be the same as the existing shocks until the new part numbers are released. When a service message is released on OASIS I’ll post it here. The responses from hotline are case by case, as they have internal information not available to dealers for various reasons. Once an official service message is released, there will be a reference number. At this point in the process it’s best for the dealer to open a request with Hotline to document each customer with the issue. The more reports, the faster the service fix should come."
Any updates on this. I took my truck to the dealer today and they said to just keep an eye on the forum to see when the new shocks are available and then contact them so they can order the new shocks.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone tugged up and down on the intermittent steering shaft and noticed that this sounds and feels a lot like the low moving clunk everyone is talking about? Is it possible this isn't actually a shock issue? Just throwing it out there. I made this comment a while back before I had my Gen 3 but now that I have it, it really seems like this could be true. Go out and tug yours.....lol

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2020 truck has been flawless for about 25K. Around that time, it started clunking on shifts even in normal mode. Thought it was the driveshaft or trans. This is something I'll have to bring up with service.