Ford Warranty Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spent the evening and morning on the phone with Customer Relations. I now know how many different variations of "there is nothing we can do" they can come up with. I have apparently elevated the issue as far up the management chain as I can because this mornings answer to my request to be elevated was "Unless you retain legal counsel, I can not provide you anyone else to talk to".

The tone of the conversation was very direct and had heavy implications that they will remove their offer to cover 60% if I keep pushing.
SO 60% of what 14,000? It's weird how they offer to cover some but not all, I never understand how a company can kind of own up to a problem, but it is a better offer than " go pound sand"

OP
OP
V

vernongreen

Reaction score
was the extended warranty from the dealer i.e. ford/protect FORD ESP. or online at floodford. I believe all those are one in the same and a ford product.
The big mistake on my part is that it is not a Ford extended warranty. It is Warranty Solutions. They have a relationship with the dealer. Its the extended warranty they offered when I requested one.

OP
OP
V

vernongreen

Reaction score
SO 60% of what 14,000? It's weird how they offer to cover some but not all, I never understand how a company can kind of own up to a problem, but it is a better offer than " go pound sand"
I was told it will be a $12,000 repair. But found out that the 60% is just for the engine replacement. So the offer is $6000 from Ford.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told it will be a $12,000 repair. But found out that the 60% is just for the engine replacement. So the offer is $6000 from Ford.
It seems that the general consensus is that the turbo's get replaced along with the engine, so just a note to check into that as well. I've seen on here 2 dealers have tried to charge 14k for the engine swap with turbo's. Good luck.

OP
OP
V

vernongreen

Reaction score
It seems that the general consensus is that the turbo's get replaced along with the engine, so just a note to check into that as well. I've seen on here 2 dealers have tried to charge 14k for the engine swap with turbo's. Good luck.
Doesn't seem like the turbos went bad. By the end, the engine was making some horrendous noises.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like the turbos went bad. By the end, the engine was making some horrendous noises.
Yeah, i get that, and I'm not an expert by any means, but for some reason it appears the turbo's are being replaced when an engine is being replaced at the dealer anyway. It's just some information that you may want to check into that's all. Maybe the turbos can be contaminated or something with the oil set up?

OP
OP
V

vernongreen

Reaction score
Yeah, i get that, and I'm not an expert by any means, but for some reason it appears the turbo's are being replaced when an engine is being replaced at the dealer anyway. It's just some information that you may want to check into that's all. Maybe the turbos can be contaminated or something with the oil set up?
Good point. Thanks for the tip.