GEN 2 Ford wants to put in new engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude... new engine is no big deal. It sucks that's its only at 1300 miles... would have been better at 30k.

These engines are virtually plug and play... the crate engines are so complete that its just a matter of a few bolts, connecting the wiring harnesses and the pluming, and some programming.

My wife's BMW X5 received a new ZF 8 Speed transmission under warranty at 68,000... the thing ran smoother and shifted better than ever before. When we sold it, we highlighted the new trans as a selling point!

Yea, I don't get the whole it'll never be as good as the factory stuff people are throwing out in this thread. For a dealer tech with a lift and all the tools, an engine swap is cake. The fluids are the worst thing to deal with, by far.

Brodee42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I get the side that says it's no big deal for a new engine but it sure does take the wind out of ones sail having to pay for a NEW top of line From truck and need a new engine...