Ford verifying dealership orders on Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
manufacturer can set I think somewhat limited terms of sale; a la “minimum advertised pricing”, no reselling within certain amount of time and such. They probably cannot outright prohibit stealers from charging ADM. But they could stop delivering Ford Performance vehicles to said dealer for abusive pricing practices, or slow ride all the stealership vehicles around the country before they get delivered to the stealership, along with a gentle reminder not to abuse the customers (and F*ck up the name and reputation of the manufacturer along the way).

But yeah, S represents suggested in MSRP.
Ford should implement a policy where you can only sell for MRP. Just take out the "S" lol

Mc5601

Reaction score
I can confirm that this is happening. I had my sales rep call yesterday to “confirm my order” before the zone rep pulled it. Sounds like Ford wants to make sure that the original customer on the order will be the one accepting delivery before pushing the trucks into production. Hopefully this will help clear the logjam of dealers ******** over customer orders to sell at ADM

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that this is happening. I had my sales rep call yesterday to “confirm my order” before the zone rep pulled it. Sounds like Ford wants to make sure that the original customer on the order will be the one accepting delivery before pushing the trucks into production. Hopefully this will help clear the logjam of dealers ******** over customer orders to sell at ADM
Very interesting and very good news. As was stated earlier, it won't completely stop the ADP B.S., but maybe it will make dealers think twice before doing it anyway. Lol

OP
OP
Bullet Bob

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, spoke with the dealer today. First off, the dealer agreed with me regarding the price protection. The General Manager said that he will honor the price they quoted me in November 2020, minus $1395.00 for the Blue Cruise delete.

I asked him if I could get a copy of their notification from Ford regarding the admonishment/punishment actions (I use that term loosely) for dealers caught adding an ADM or not selling to the original ordering customer. Of course, he asked why I wanted it. I told him that some online friends needed it to hold their dealer's feet to the fire and keep them honest. He said that he'd like to help as he's not happy with the dealerships that charge ADM's any more than we are as they're dishonesty vicariously gives the honest dealers a bad name. However, he said that that correspondence was proprietary, and he didn't want to get into any trouble for being "that guy".
Sorry guys, I tried.
The dealer also made a good point. He was wondering why Ford isn't cross referencing the names of folks making multiple orders from different dealerships. He's heard of someone buying a truck, then when the second truck they ordered came in, sold the first one for a $10,000 profit and keeping the newer one. That's no different than the dealer charging an ADM. Ford requires that the dealership send them a copy of the ordering customer's driver's license, so they have to know who is ordering at multiple dealerships.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, spoke with the dealer today. First off, the dealer agreed with me regarding the price protection. The General Manager said that he will honor the price they quoted me in November 2020, minus $1395.00 for the Blue Cruise delete.

I asked him if I could get a copy of their notification from Ford regarding the admonishment/punishment actions (I use that term loosely) for dealers caught adding an ADM or not selling to the original ordering customer. Of course, he asked why I wanted it. I told him that some online friends needed it to hold their dealer's feet to the fire and keep them honest. He said that he'd like to help as he's not happy with the dealerships that charge ADM's any more than we are as they're dishonesty vicariously gives the honest dealers a bad name. However, he said that that correspondence was proprietary, and he didn't want to get into any trouble for being "that guy".
Sorry guys, I tried.
The dealer also made a good point. He was wondering why Ford isn't cross referencing the names of folks making multiple orders from different dealerships. He's heard of someone buying a truck, then when the second truck they ordered came in, sold the first one for a $10,000 profit and keeping the newer one. That's no different than the dealer charging an ADM. Ford requires that the dealership send them a copy of the ordering customer's driver's license, so they have to know who is ordering at multiple dealerships.
When they ask for a copy of driver license, they input it in the COVP system for verification for increment allocation and to prove it the actual person trying to buy it but that doesn't matter because Raptors are excluded from that program since it's a "Special Vehicle" Correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
OP
Bullet Bob

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn’t related to the Raptor, but he also was telling me that Ford is allotting one Lightning F150 to each dealership as a “demo only”. Ford has threatened them with a $25,000 fine and no future Lightning allotments if they sell it to someone during that 6 month period.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is good to see that I’m not the only one thinking this way. Thank you for sharing.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if they have any plans of doing GT500's like this? I would order one tomorrow, but every dealer wants a 25K ADM. They act like you are an idiot if you don't realize that is the "standard" ADM. I called quite a few large dealers from different regions and got the same 25K answer.

msw

Reaction score
I wonder if they have any plans of doing GT500's like this? I would order one tomorrow, but every dealer wants a 25K ADM. They act like you are an idiot if you don't realize that is the "standard" ADM. I called quite a few large dealers from different regions and got the same 25K answer.
I've found a few selling at 10k and 15k over for a GT500 and many selling at 25k or more over. None will budge a bit on it either.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get a 911 at sticker. You’ll thank me later.