Ford verifying dealership orders on Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting an update on my 2022 Raptor order at the dealership today when the subject of ADMs came up. (my dealership charges MSRP) He told me that Ford is double checking to be sure that ordered Raptors are going to the person who ordered it and with no ADMs. He read me the notice which stated that if they are caught selling to someone other than the person who ordered it, or with an ADM, they lose their Raptor allocations for 30 days.
Perhaps Ford is doing a little CYA here?

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats all BS! Dealership will charge adm regardless. Unless I see a written notice from Ford, I'll believe it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was getting an update on my 2022 Raptor order at the dealership today when the subject of ADMs came up. (my dealership charges MSRP) He told me that Ford is double checking to be sure that ordered Raptors are going to the person who ordered it and with no ADMs. He read me the notice which stated that if they are caught selling to someone other than the person who ordered it, or with an ADM, they lose their Raptor allocations for 30 days.
Perhaps Ford is doing a little CYA here?
I'll believe it when I see proof, get your salesman to send you his supposed email, letter or National Enguirer post.

OP
OP
Bullet Bob

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going back in today to have “the discussion” regarding price protection.
The paperwork I was given yesterday was north of four large overpriced. I needed to go home to review my order form before addressing it.
Perhaps it’s better to have this talk now than on delivery day when a shiny object is dividing my attention.
I don’t know if he’ll want to release this info for public consumption, and I’ll be honest with my intentions of doing so.
I’ll see how it goes.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m going back in today to have “the discussion” regarding price protection.
The paperwork I was given yesterday was north of four large overpriced. I needed to go home to review my order form before addressing it.
Perhaps it’s better to have this talk now than on delivery day when a shiny object is dividing my attention.
I don’t know if he’ll want to release this info for public consumption, and I’ll be honest with my intentions of doing so.
I’ll see how it goes.
Just do your best, be more cunning than a salesman, ha ha.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
People forget the meaning of MSRP. S= Suggested. Dealer sets the price not Ford.

manufacturer can set I think somewhat limited terms of sale; a la “minimum advertised pricing”, no reselling within certain amount of time and such. They probably cannot outright prohibit stealers from charging ADM. But they could stop delivering Ford Performance vehicles to said dealer for abusive pricing practices, or slow ride all the stealership vehicles around the country before they get delivered to the stealership, along with a gentle reminder not to abuse the customers (and F*ck up the name and reputation of the manufacturer along the way).

But yeah, S represents suggested in MSRP.