Ford TSB 44422 Regarding Perch Modifications - Effective 2/24/2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've mentioned before that the ability to adjust the perch setting on the OE front shocks was an "Easter Egg" given to us by SVT and Fox, but I didn't recommend having this modification performed at a Ford dealership. If you have the perch height modification performed at a Ford dealership, they're going to have a record of it in your service history and it will make it easier for Ford Motor Company to deny a warranty claim, specifically for any front suspension/driveline related part.

Ford Motor Company has caught wind of the mod and released the following TSB (Technical Service Bulletin):

TSB SSM 44422 - EFFECTIVE 2/14/2014:
2010-2014 F-150 Raptor only - the front and rear shock absorber assemblies are non-adjustable. Attempting to make adjustments to the front and rear shock absorber assemblies will alter the ride height and suspension control outside of factory design specifications. Refer to Warranty and policy manual for alter vehicle policies.

I do recommend setting your truck on mid-perch for improved off road handling characteristics because I feel that the positives of the mod far outweigh the negatives, but people who are going to do it should be aware that the increase in suspension angles as a result of the mod will slightly increase the wear on your CV joints, ball joints, tie rods, and UCA/LCA frame pivot bushings. Now, more than ever because of the new TSB, there's a chance it could give you warranty grief in the future.

Many of us know that most Ford service departments don't even know that the front OE Raptor shocks have an adjustable perch setting. Use that to your advantage and have the modification done somewhere else other than the dealer. If they don't know the mod exists, they're probably not going to notice that the truck isn't on the stock setting when you take it to the dealer for service/warranty.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yaeh, those F'ers busted me for my free alignment 1st year under 12,000 miles for this! They give us the three adjustment points and they backhand you when you use it.
The new Ford rep on here answered all the easy questions but didn't respond to mine about this. Figured as much.

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from, but I'd rather they secretly give us the option and penalize us for using it rather than not giving us the option at all. What's unfortunate is that a lot of people make the adjustment and don't know the repercussions of doing so, but that's just an unfortunate circumstance of the overall benefit. To my knowledge, the perch adjustments are something that has never been officially advertised or documented by Ford at all and I don't believe it's in any of their product or service literature (except for in the new TSB warning against it); if not for the internet, 99.9% of Raptor owners wouldn't even know it was an option.

D

Deleted member 12951

if not for the internet, 99.9% of Raptor owners wouldn't even know it was an option.

I think you made up that statistics percentage but then again most of them (even the ones you pay for) are made up anyways. :)

I went to my dealer and asked to do this before I got my truck and they wanted $500 so told the service manager that I will probably go elsewhere. Our sons played Lacrosse together so we know each other. When I went to the dealership the other day with my truck to get something from the parts department, he came out and asked me if I ended up getting the adjustment done. Told him not yet. Now I am wondering that I should have never went there in the first place nor told them that I was going elsewhere.

I've heard of people getting declined claims and being told to just go to another dealer. But if your VIN is in the ford service system, even if you go elsewhere, don't they already know your initial claim was declined or is that not shown?

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weeks ago i took my truck to the dealer in panama for a point check and oil change at 5k miles, they told , i need a warranty change of tie rods, but when they noted my truck was shipped overseas they sent me a tie rods invoice instead, warranty could not be covered because i did not buy the truck in panama. Btw they did not told me anything about swaybar removed and mid perch on my truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty lame. Are you allowed to just get parts under warranty or do you have to have labor too?

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford TSB Regarding Perch Modifications - Effective 2/24/2014

Thats pretty lame. Are you allowed to just get parts under warranty or do you have to have labor too?

I mean my truck doesnt have warranty, because came overseas. Not cover by ford dealer in panama. I had to pay for everything, beside the tie rods wasnt changed. It was over priced too parts plus labor quoted at invoice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This TSB isn't new, maybe re-released. I was shown the same thing about two years ago when I first had CV issues that weren't covered after a perch adjustment. The biggest thing it effected was my decision not to purchase any type of extended warranty...but it opened the door for many more aftermarket parts since I quit worrying about what would/wouldn't be covered.