Ford Stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A decade ago Ford stock was 67 cents per share. Some experts are predicting Ford stock may hit zero with the Coronavirus scare and the threat of a recession on the horizon.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Summer of 2016 on the beach during 4th of July week While serving a year long non-compete (& given a bit of small time golden parachute on way out w/ RSUs & severance etc etc) I remember happily plucking away @ my newly created “f**k it portfolio” that I opted to trade in w/ no regard for risk or common practice- purely gut, & why not? Had IRA/401k/whole life policy all merrily working away in a metered risk adverse manner. The world was gonna end when Trump got elected, remember?

yeah well it didn’t. And it sure as shit ain’t gonna end from this virus, & while the whole world burns these facts remain certain- while certainly beleaguered, the US has the strongest economy by far in the world, w/ oil plunging, the rest of the world economy still playing catch up, record high job growth & unemployment rates in US, negative interest rates in the rest of the most “safe haven” countries, consumer confidence, GDP, bank balance sheets, productivity, PMI - all of it is strong/solid. There is no better place for $$$$$ to flow then into US banks, US real estate, US bonds - and yes, b/c greed is both good & inescapable - into US equity markets. As they say- this too shall pass.

I dropped $50k in dry powder mostly on 2-28 & 3-9 fairly evenly dispersed through my current holdings aside from picking up some new REIT & a couple other high divvy paying investments @ low valuation. Sitting on what amounts to 15% cash in dry powder still in the account & willing to deploy another $20-25k if it looks like we’re really heading toward a 18k (hell maybe 15k!?) Dow - why? Because I’m 39, healthy, have 2 young boys & I don’t wanna work past 55.

take these massive dips to continue cost averaging down existing positions while picking up some quality names along the way during this roller coaster ride & 9-18 months from now you’ll be sitting pretty.

Just as sure as the sun will set, we all will die, & Trump will never stop hitting the tanning booth- the market WILL hit 28k again & beyond.

note: if you are over the age of 60 I’d say tell me to go pound sand & also lock yourself up in your house & hope you moved over to hard cash, bonds, gold before the shit really hit the fan!!!

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll be 62 next week and probably 95% in equities that are dropping like a rock. I still like your advice, Badgertits. I'm one pissed off day away from pulling the retirement plug and will have enough cash on hand to leave the equities alone to ride this one out. My only regret is that I'm reluctant to put my cash back into the market when I think the timing is right. Some will make a chunk of money by jumping in at the right time. I did just that on the last dip a few years back and it served me well.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With warmer temperatures the virus in China and other countries might decline.

I keep hearing this line of thinking on the interwebs but I have yet to see or hear a single doctor, scientist or any type of knowledgeable authority figure on the matter say that warmer weather will have any sort of positive effect. I have heard several of these experts address this rumor saying they don't believe warmer weather will make any appreciable difference.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At some of the prices we have seen over the past week or so, Ford's dividend yield has been over 10%.

Meat Eater

Reaction score
Impossible to predict the peaks and valleys of the market. I picked Ford stock back in '09 when it was $2.00. Ford was in a strong position and hadn't received any bailout money. Just got lumped in with crappy GM and others who did accept bailout money. It was a no brainer. I sold it up around $11.00.

However, this time around I feel that things overall are worse and Ford will be caught up in it just like the rest of industry. No auto manufacturing stocks for me.

On a brighter note, love my '19 Raptor! Keep truck'n.