Ford stacking unfinished Raptors to simply create as many MY 21's as possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. It starts when it gets sold to the customer. Call your dealer and give him your vin and ask when the warranty started and it will match the date you took delivery.
That's not how it works up here, guess you guys are different.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
That's not how it works up here, guess you guys are different.
There are several documents through a simple google search which state that even in Canada, the warranty starts once the vehicle is delivered to the first buyer, other than the dealer.

This is from the Ford Canada warranty guide. I suppose "first use" could be interpreted as it being driven on and off the delivery truck or having been test driven, but that would be very shady.
warranty.PNG

Last edited:

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. It starts when it gets sold to the customer. Call your dealer and give him your vin and ask when the warranty started and it will match the date you took delivery.
This is correct. Warranty starts the date you take delivery.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are several documents through a simple google search which state that even in Canada, the warranty starts once the vehicle is delivered to the first buyer, other than the dealer.

This is from the Ford Canada warranty guide. I suppose "first use" could be interpreted as it being driven on and off the delivery truck or having been test driven, but that would be very shady.
View attachment 330113
Sounds good.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know if a car manufacture who I have purchased a car from not have the warranty start the day you purchase the auto. You buy the truck with 3 year /36k mile warranty not a 2.7 year/36k mile warranty. My truck was built 4 months before it was purchased and the warranty start begins from the time of sale. In 2019 the truck did not take 4 months to get from production line to the dealer.:D:D

Last edited:

DrJayC

Reaction score
According to the Ford website:
“The Warranty Start Date (also known as the in-service date) is the date a new vehicle was purchased or when it was first put into service (for example as a dealer demonstrator), whichever occurred first. “

This is when I’ve always understood new car warranty to begin.

Correct. I bought my 2011 escalade in 2012 but it was “brand new” with 150 miles. My warranty began when I took possession of the vehicle.

Jpro39

Reaction score
Some have suggested, reasonably, that the unfinished Raptors have been left to sit while the parts needed are used to build others at the same because it might be more efficient for Ford to not interrupt the assembly line.

However, after reading about so many orders not being filled and being rolled over to '22, perhaps Ford is trying to simply produce the most year 21's that they can without regard to their actual ability to complete those vehicles? To do this, they don't care that some going down the assembly line will not be completed and sit for months because the vehicle is already vested as a '21.

Is it just an overall numbers game so they can claim production of much higher number of Raptors for '21? Maybe they are also trying to avoid the hassle of clearing out assigned vin #'s, as would be required to turn each into a '22?
I keep checking and since last week it says order status update is not available. How is the system not working?!

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only does the warranty start when the first owner takes delivery from the dealer, you also get 'credit' for whatever mileage is on the vehicle when you take delivery. My last F150 had 250 miles on it at delivery and the F&I guy pointed out that my bumper to bumper warranty was good until 36,250 miles.