Ford saying my vehicle was delivered but it never arrived to dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheyennedogsoldier

Reaction score
So Ford chat, my dealers vin visibility and my Ford tracker all show that my vehicle was delivered. However, the vehicle never made it to the dealership. The explanation I got from my dealer was that Ford "lost the keys" to my truck so they were unable to load the vehicle for transport. I have checked all of my available resources and even called Ford Marketing and opened a case to find my truck. This was about a week ago. Despite exhausting all of my contact options I still have no answers from Ford, I am unable to track my vehicle using chat, visibility or my tracker because it only reads as delivered. I have been waiting a year now for this truck, my original order was in feb 2022. I am kind of fed up with my dealer and this whole ordering business and have started entertaining just picking one up on the lot if I can negotiate to $5k ADM I refuse to go higher than that and even $5k doesn't sit right with me. I feel like I am so close to the truck being delivered but at the same time I feel like since the truck is marked delivered it will be sitting in Dearborn unnoticed for who knows how long. Just interested to hear your guys thoughts on what you would do or if this has happened to anybody else before? Truly the most frustrating purchasing experience I have ever endured.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a truck shipped on 10/27. I was told by both Ford and dealer that since I received a shipped email (10/27) that my first and initial ETA dates are solid. I trusted that and sold my truck on 11/1. My ordered truck made it to the railyard on 10/29. No Chip hold, no QC hold, no damage... no shipping delays. It just sits there. I had 18 different ETAs. I called it last week and bought another truck. Along the way I called and chatted with ford for 12 weeks. Four cases filed and a logistics request filed. Easily over 100 chat inquiries and calls. I also had SM, GM and the inventory manager reach out to three different zone managers. Additionally the railyard and transport company were pulled into the mix. I can tell you that from my experience I simply got tired of waiting... but more importantly... I don't trust the new ETA or vague responses. The new ETA is 2/19. Don't care. If it was me... and you can find a like build within your budget and can secure it... why not? Don't get attached to the order that has your name... no one cares its for you... I mean no one from my experience only. I know I passed up two trucks and two allocations waiting. I also found trucks easily that fit my set of options if that helps. In fact I got a call for a local MY23 allocation two days ago that I passed on because of my experience. But I hope it works out for you.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not to go all conspiracy theory on you all or anything but...
The parts are scanned in and out, aren’t the vehicles also scanned at every point - kind of like Fed up or ups ?

So Ford says it was delivered, but dealer says:

The explanation I got from my dealer was that Ford "lost the keys" to my truck so they were unable to load the vehicle for transport.

Somebody isn’t relaying accurate information, whether it’s intentional or not.
If the stealership isn’t really stoked about it, are you sure they really don’t have it? Maybe at another lot? Can’t they get a fix on it with Ford Pass activation?

Because, as I understand it under the new rules, they can’t just over allocate and order 15 trucks anymore, there has to be a signed order, but, if you abandon the order, they keep the truck and get to sell for whatever they want or can get. Maybe they have a higher offer.

If this is the most frustrating thing you’ve endured, you’ve never been shorted at pay call.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am sure it was delivered to the dealer just as Ford says.

The dealership owner, or sales manager is just driving it for a few days on a camping trip to do some quality checks for you.

You will get it with 1,500 easy miles and all the dirt will be cleaned up by some low level tech in the auto car wash behind the body shop.

No worries.

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, at least you r getting email updates lol, i never received anything even an order confirmed email lol.
But anyways, i say just stay wait for your truck but also look around for msrp options, been seeing alot of them lately

OP
OP
Cheyennedogsoldier

Cheyennedogsoldier

Reaction score
The parts are scanned in and out, aren’t the vehicles also scanned at every point - kind of like Fed up or ups ?
Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 4.28.04 PM.png
Yes, from what I have gathered it looks like my truck was scanned as they were about to load it on the truck and couldn't find the keys so they shipped another vehicle in place of mine. If you look at my tracker there is no shipping date. I did research on their inventory and all of their vehicles had a ship date on the tracker. I am only 4 hours from the plant so the convoy truck drives directly to my dealer with no stops along the way. Shipping is usually same day.
Because, as I understand it under the new rules, they can’t just over allocate and order 15 trucks anymore, there has to be a signed order, but, if you abandon the order, they keep the truck and get to sell for whatever they want or can get. Maybe they have a higher offer.
I've bought probably 15 vehicles from the same salesman at the same dealer. If my truck would have came in like it said it did I would have already spent $175k with them in January 2023 alone. I don't think it would benefit them to screw a loyal customer but who knows. I drove by every day since they said it was delivered to be sure and even went in person this morning. They have another 37" package and a Raptor R on the lot right now. But my truck never arrived. I'm really just worried that I'm "off their books" and they don't notice it's sitting there for god knows how long.

OP
OP
Cheyennedogsoldier

Cheyennedogsoldier

Reaction score
Dang, at least you r getting email updates lol, i never received anything even an order confirmed email lol.
But anyways, i say just stay wait for your truck but also look around for msrp options, been seeing alot of them lately
Last email I got was a built email from ford about 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since unfortunately

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 391888
Yes, from what I have gathered it looks like my truck was scanned as they were about to load it on the truck and couldn't find the keys so they shipped another vehicle in place of mine. If you look at my tracker there is no shipping date. I did research on their inventory and all of their vehicles had a ship date on the tracker. I am only 4 hours from the plant so the convoy truck drives directly to my dealer with no stops along the way. Shipping is usually same day.

I've bought probably 15 vehicles from the same salesman at the same dealer. If my truck would have came in like it said it did I would have already spent $175k with them in January 2023 alone. I don't think it would benefit them to screw a loyal customer but who knows. I drove by every day since they said it was delivered to be sure and even went in person this morning. They have another 37" package and a Raptor R on the lot right now. But my truck never arrived. I'm really just worried that I'm "off their books" and they don't notice it's sitting there for god knows how long.
at the very least if it is actually on a ford lot, and ford confirms they lost the keys, it could be reprogrammed with new keys and shipped out vs if it was at a random rail yard somewhere across the country.

you would think the dealership would be more concerned as they are going to be invoiced for the truck by ford and if it never shows up they cant sell it

OP
OP
Cheyennedogsoldier

Cheyennedogsoldier

Reaction score
at the very least if it is actually on a ford lot, and ford confirms they lost the keys, it could be reprogrammed with new keys and shipped out vs if it was at a random rail yard somewhere across the country.

you would think the dealership would be more concerned as they are going to be invoiced for the truck by ford and if it never shows up they cant sell it
Dealer checked with zone rep and their only answer was "still in Detroit" which wouldn't take much of a genius to realize that, if it's not at the dealer lol. One would think that a place making thousands of pick up trucks a day would be able to come up with an extra set in a reasonable time. They didn't tell me they lost the keys until I called because they said they were embarrassed to tell me about it. Their "it will get here when it gets here" attitude has me worried because I wanted to be proactive and get it moving before it gets sent to the abyss.