Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Ford remaps 5.4 transmission

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by whtrapta, Jul 19, 2011.

1. whtrapta

whtrapta Ostrich Wrangler

OK I get it, you have to enter your vin and I don't have mine printed.

2. BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN Birdministrator Staff Member Admin

hmm, i already had the tsb done mentioned above months ago. the difference was negligible, as are our videos. i dunno rapta

3. whtrapta

Idk, I could tell right away driving it that the truck drives dramatically different. I had my transmission reset before when I got my rear end replaced. Since this, shift points are all different even just driving normally.
    The techs may have lied and not known what they were talking about, but if they just reset my trans again and it relearned different this time, its still much better.
    All I know is I drive the same hill the same speed several times a week and at 65mph toward the top it always shifts down from sixth to fourth gear for some unknown reason. When it was reprogrammed, it held 65 in sixth no issues and never shifted. When going into corners, the trans shifts down for instant power. From 0-whatever is quicker and much more aggressive. The clutch fully disengages much sooner so gear pulls are much stronger.
    I'm calling my tech in the morning to see if I can get a number for whatever they did.

4. BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN Birdministrator Staff Member Admin

it's especially discouraging when i remember how fast it used to shift with my OG JDM tune a long time ago. check out the 1-2 shift...it would just push you back when it shifted. now it's more like an afterthought like my truck is saying "oh you want ME to shift now?????"

‪Raptor 5.4L 0-60‬‏ - YouTube

5. whtrapta

You can see its faster with the tune for sure. One thing I noticed is from a stop to floored, in first around 10mph, its like the clutch fully disengages now because it pushes you into your seat much more than before. In my 0-60 when it passes 10, you can see the revs go up faster vs 0-10.
    ‪0-60‬‏ - YouTube

6. whtrapta

I just need the tune

7. snopro99

snopro99 Member

I had this re-map done in March and have put 6k on it since it was done and now I am back to using Off Road Mode cause it is back to shifting all the time and hard up and down shifts. It worked all right for a little bit but what I wouldn't do to be able to up grade to manual shift option like my Super Duty or the 11 Raptor has ........