Ford Recall and Roush SC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is a major disconnect between Ford and Roush on what the proceedure should be.

In 2017 I had my trans rebuilt and new leadframe done on warranty at a performance trans shop, not the dealership. The ford dealer did not want to touch the tune saying they know they cant put a stock updated tune in it, and the Roush tune did not update the downshift safety part like the updated Ford tune.. What a Joke!
So I hadd JDM tune added and never looked back, and never had an issue for 120,000 miles.

The recall on the updated tune originally was only for the 6R80 built after a certain date in 2012. My 13 Raptor never got a recall notice, my 14 didnt either. The updated flash only stops the downshift if you have a failing Leadframe... Replace leadframe and the tune should not matter.

KRGKen

Reaction score
Had to have mine replaced too and was told it has to be a factory authorized dealer to have the Roush tune put back on, not only that I had to wait 3 weeks for them to get the parts in. Got the run around but after going to management I got it done. Better safe than sorry when it shifts from 5th to 2nd

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@EvilmfgKen

You know the Roush Tune is garbage,
the JDM tune has quite a lot more HP and Torque and way better shifting with the update.
This is according to all the Roush owners that switched to the JDM Tune on the forum.

Plus you have the benefit of having the Tune on a handheld tuning device, so you would not be at the mercy of a dealership.

Last edited:

KRGKen

Reaction score
@EvilmfgKen

You know the Roush Tune is garbage,
the JDM tune has quite a lot more HP and Torque and way better shifting with the update.
This is according to all the Roush owners that switched to the JDM Tune on the forum.

Plus you have the benefit of having the Tune on a handheld tuning device, so you would not be at the mercy of a dealership.
I agree with you and have the JDM tune, I did not have them flash mine. I was just trying to help the OP on giving the info that I had about the Roush tune if he wanted to go that direction as stated in his post.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha, your post didn't read like that to me, I just wanted to inform you.
This thread is almost half a year old and who knows what the OP ending up doing.
He talks about Roush Tune in the 1st post and later he states he has a JDM Tune.
He did say he lost the JDM tune in post #7, probably didn't return to stock before bringing it to the dealer.
All he had to do is ask JDM if the down shift fix was in his Tune he purchased from them.
Could have saved a whole bunch of headaches.

Last edited: