Ford Raptor Trail Project - Maps of where to run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New guy is trying to start a project.
Members are on one side or the other on sharing routes.

Not sure how to bridge that gap, but when it comes to the spirit of the outdoors, I tend to take the "Lewis & Clark" approach. Where discoveries help the good of all - because eventually, someone else will walk that path anyway, and then they'll take credit for the find.

I can understand not providing routes on private property or areas prohibiting motor-vehicles, but I 'd like to think that passable trails on public and unregulated lands, would be more willingly offered, especially since we all drive the same vehicle and hopefully shared a little comradery. I know I wouldn't want to subject my Raptor to tight Jeep or ATV trails, so knowing Raptor friendly areas would be nice. The other option is, spying on the Hummer forums lol.

I have found, that when it comes to many outdoor hobbies (especially if those hobbies are associated with some level of risk), whether it's caving, scuba diving, or 4x4 trail riding, the more information that is shared by those exiting that environment, the safer it is for everyone going in. Just my thoughts...

Last edited:

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an awesome idea. I hope it doesn't get too derailed. I would love to know where some good places to go in Utah are. If I find any I'm more than willing to try and contribute.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is an awesome idea. I hope it doesn't get too derailed. I would love to know where some good places to go in Utah are. If I find any I'm more than willing to try and contribute.

No not derailed. My self and some of the others on this forum are going to scout about 6 new trail loops in the NorCal and NV area.

So if people have them shoot them over and or let me know what you want mapped if you have a route.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea, as the Raptor has some specific needs in regard to trails- specifically width. A lot of the Jeep guides can get us into serious trouble. I am much more comfortable following a route that another Raptor has done.
Regarding the liability issue, all that is being provided is a route, same thing as if I gave you directions to a specific address. Believe me, I can send you down some streets in Sacramento that are more dangerous than your average trail.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should go down to Arkansas and run the trails that @RaptorWifey put up that you edited.

Then report back after numerous hours of back tracking.

You did say you wanted members to share routes that they have taken... But then you go and "edit" the maps to make it your own?

That's disrespectful. We spent hours down in Arkansas running the routes that she posted. And yet you want to put up your own files for other members to use when they have NOT been verified? I can see members being pissed off if they were to run those trails with your files to find that one of the dirt trails turns into a dead end because they haven't finished clearing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
You should go down to Arkansas and run the trails that @RaptorWifey put up that you edited.

Then report back after numerous hours of back tracking.

You did say you wanted members to share routes that they have taken... But then you go and "edit" the maps to make it your own?

That's disrespectful. We spent hours down in Arkansas running the routes that she posted. And yet you want to put up your own files for other members to use when they have NOT been verified? I can see members being pissed off if they were to run those trails with your files to find that one of the dirt trails turns into a dead end because they haven't finished clearing it

Hey buddy,
The routes I posted weren't Arkansas, it was a Carolina monthly meet that I had already previously shared on the forum. But I really do appreciate the support as it's pretty much the same deal. :wizsmile:

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey buddy,
The routes I posted weren't Arkansas, it was a Carolina monthly meet that I had already previously shared on the forum. But I really do appreciate the support as it's pretty much the same deal. :wizsmile:

Keep grinding that ax....wow! :specialed:

Attachments

• to-have-an-axe-to-grind.jpg
    to-have-an-axe-to-grind.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Next time we should get you an axe for the run. Of course we will have to make sure it's tied down.