Ford raptor towing capacity increase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinb

Reaction score
So I have a 2013 supercrew raptor have a 7500lb travel trailer tows it like a dream. I currently have a weight distribution hitch. Looking at some newer models that are 9000-9500 which is over the capacity (limited my the rear suspension).

I have seen some posts on here but has anyone had success with airbags any suggestions on kits ??

OP
OP
J

Justinb

Reaction score
I just read up on bump stops seems like a good option.

Most are 2.5 ". But have seen some talk about 4" and preferences?

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy put bags on his truck, he has that truck bed gun safe, and regularly tows a 18ft utility trailer with all kinds of toys and range gear in it. But he doesn't off road. I've not heard too many good things about bags and off road. I read on here on guy who said he pulls his bags when he goes off roading, only takes 5-10 min... that might be something to consider?

OP
OP
J

Justinb

Reaction score
That's a great idea wish I did more off-roading but live in Tampa so have to travel far for good trails. That may be a great option removing bags for off roading.

Anyone have any suggestions on type/brand of bags that my be more conducive for easier removal?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a great idea wish I did more off-roading but live in Tampa so have to travel far for good trails. That may be a great option removing bags for off roading.

Anyone have any suggestions on type/brand of bags that my be more conducive for easier removal?
One of the vendors in here sells them, I think it's SDHQ or maybe ADD, one of them for sure!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I just read up on bump stops seems like a good option.

Most are 2.5 ". But have seen some talk about 4" and preferences?

I would do the 2.5" with extenders when you are towing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Justinb

Reaction score
Not sure if this makes a difference but the trailer max load capacity is 9900. But the tounge weight is only 795 and I have a weight distribution hitch think it's possible to tow without modifications ?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Not sure if this makes a difference but the trailer max load capacity is 9900. But the tounge weight is only 795 and I have a weight distribution hitch think it's possible to tow without modifications ?

I bet you'll still be nose high. I'd do it to protect the frame as well. Using the stock bump stops with that much tongue weight and payload could lead to problems.