Ford Raptor Steering Rack - Upgrade Possibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is. Rock Auto aggregates various auto part suppliers, so that's why you see the same thing described 3 different ways.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford's part numbers are horrible. You are getting Ford numbers from some, and Motorcraft numers from others. Then both of those original numbers get revision numbers that may or may not be properly listed. It's a mess.

Don't forget the part number you'll find on the part itself is an engineering part number, which not used in the replacement parts system. So it's all just as ****** up as possible.

I'd order from a dealer that is known for competeive online prices on OEM Ford parts. They can run the VIN and make sure you get the right shocks.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford's part numbers are horrible. You are getting Ford numbers from some, and Motorcraft numers from others. Then both of those original numbers get revision numbers that may or may not be properly listed. It's a mess.

Don't forget the part number you'll find on the part itself is an engineering part number, which not used in the replacement parts system. So it's all just as ****** up as possible.

I'd order from a dealer that is known for competeive online prices on OEM Ford parts. They can run the VIN and make sure you get the right shocks.
I've called around locally and no one has a new or reman steering rack. My rack is almost getting to a point where it's going to drip so I want to address it.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried buying a motorcraft one from rock auto, once it was on its way I saw that shipping said it was only 7 lbs, thought hmm…..

Motorcraft water pump showed up instead lol.

Trying to decide what other reman to go with at this point.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried buying a motorcraft one from rock auto, once it was on its way I saw that shipping said it was only 7 lbs, thought hmm…..

Motorcraft water pump showed up instead lol.

Trying to decide what other reman to go with at this point.
Ok that worries me...

I see some for about $350 from Detroit Axle and then some for $1350 from Advantage Steering. Huge price difference.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No update, was out of stock when I went to go order the following day. Waiting for it to come back in stock on RockAuto.

Right now they have a Cardone one, but can't find many reviews on them so I'm holding off.