Ford Raptor Steering Rack - Upgrade Possibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockauto has the SCREW reman racks in stock, just ordered mine.
Motorcraft or Cardone? Now I'm curious about 'em. On rockauto the Motorcraft STG703RM reman is $448.79 (+core) and 24 month warranty, Cardone 22-2121 reman $164.79 and 36 month warranty, Cardone 97-2121 new $413.79 with lifetime warranty (although curiously on their website the reman lists Raptor and 145" wheelbase, the new doesn't specifically, or the wheelbase, but does list turns lock to lock and I'm thinking it's SCAB version). Thinking I'll give the Cardone reman a try after I get this CV axle swapped and finish the 200k service I started last weekend...

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a new oem rack on order from my ford dealer for 14 months now, and still no closer to actually getting one. I'm not getting any fluid leaking, but I do get a horrible rattling sound/feeling through the wheel when going over small stutter bumps. Literally sounds like the steering shaft is falling out of the truck.

Other than than, no other effect. This is for my 2013 SCAB.

Not really sure what do do at this point...

- Travis

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a new oem rack on order from my ford dealer for 14 months now, and still no closer to actually getting one. I'm not getting any fluid leaking, but I do get a horrible rattling sound/feeling through the wheel when going over small stutter bumps. Literally sounds like the steering shaft is falling out of the truck.

Other than than, no other effect. This is for my 2013 SCAB.

Not really sure what do do at this point...

- Travis
Really difficult to pinpoint frontend noises, but I wonder if the tension adjustment on your rack would make any difference.

I did go ahead and order a Cardone reman from Rockauto along with all new lines and one of their in-line filters. Will report back once it's back in one piece...
IMG_6224.JPG
Seems legit.
IMG_6229.JPG

ViciousRaptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motorcraft or Cardone? Now I'm curious about 'em. On rockauto the Motorcraft STG703RM reman is $448.79 (+core) and 24 month warranty, Cardone 22-2121 reman $164.79 and 36 month warranty, Cardone 97-2121 new $413.79 with lifetime warranty (although curiously on their website the reman lists Raptor and 145" wheelbase, the new doesn't specifically, or the wheelbase, but does list turns lock to lock and I'm thinking it's SCAB version). Thinking I'll give the Cardone reman a try after I get this CV axle swapped and finish the 200k service I started last weekend...
I got a Cardone rack for my wife's Armada from RockAuto after much research. I was pretty impressed with the quality of it when it arrived. Looked darn near identical to the OEM one.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received my reman rack from Rockauto. I also ordered a GJ PS reservoir with cooler upgrade but that's taking forever to receive...