Ford Raptor Reverse Light Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed my S1 reverse lights.

1) THANKS Chris for your support and working through an issue, great support and much appreciated....

2) I can never leave anything alone. I wanted a stealth look so I blasted all stainless hardware and painted it semi-glass black in an effort to hide the hardware and also hide the white lettering on the lights.. Then I put one layer of optical quality smoke film over each lens. I may do one more layer. Even after the film, these put out a TON of light and make it so much easier to back up into my parking spot at night. take care

fgxSjY.jpg

yuBXZ7.jpg

KAJRIP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, this is the “custom” harness I’m supposed to use on a $70k truck?

Am I missing something?

This is a far cry from the harness that came with the fog light kit.

96913162-ED5D-4AC7-A84D-DC07D0FD619F.jpeg

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Am I missing something?

View attachment 157841
Hahaha I'm in the same boat. The color of the wiring is wrong and doesn't match instructions. I just connected to the upfitter, (after cutting off their connector which literally was useless), and planned to tackle the wiring to the trailer reverse wire another day. Definitely expected more as well

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Am I missing something?

View attachment 157841

Hey guys,

We are the ones who manufacture the harnesses.
So just wanted to explain the harness in case you didn’t understand how it works or is designed.

The first feature is that they use a high end 16 gauge wire that is Teflon coated rather than a rubber insulation which can withstand extreme heat above and beyond most any other harness wire insulation.

The second feature is that they use a high end solid ribbed high temp loom which meets or exceeds any factory loom that factory vehicles have on them. And they are superior to the rubber tubes included on most factory (including Baja Designs) factory wire harnesses.
Most Custom harnesses out there don’t use high temp solid ribbed loom for added protection. They use a cheaper thin black mesh which doesn’t have any heat protection or much wear protection really either. It’s mainly to just group the wires.

The Third feature is the interchangeable connectors which is what I think you may have gotten caught up on. They are designed so that you can use any plug to any light with that harness.
The pink connectors are heat shrinking. You just need a heat gun shrink them the rest of the way down once you plug in the universal fit connectors.
those same connectors allow you to be able to plug and unplug them from the switch wires and move them from one switch to the other without ever cutting the wires after. You can also simply plug in a stand alone relay if you want to put a light on a switch wire like 5 or 6 that don’t have enough amp power to support it.

In other words. Baja designs uses 2 way Weather Pack Plugs on most lights. Some though, they use 3 way Weather Pack Plugs. In that case, you can plug either of them into the harness. Other brands like Rigid use a DT connector. Those also come in a 2 pin or 3 pin. You can use those as well. So the plugs then can just plug into the connectors on the harness for those that don’t want to crimp pins on etc.
where that universal option really stands out are where people like to mix and match or select different lights.
For example, if you put Baja 2 pin lights on now, and later swap 1 light that has a different connector, you don’t need to get a different harness. You just swap the plugs on the end.

The same goes if you go with a different brand. We can send you the different universal plugs to connect to the pink connectors.

So the reason they look like that is because of their universal features.

while it may appear different than you expected, I don’t want you to think the quality isn’t there and get hung up on the universal feature portion.

If you’d like to send us a PM with your address, and you’d prefer, we can send you the pins and a release tool to take the for the black plugs that you can manually and permanently crimp onto the harness ends and cut off the universal plugs.

You can see a little more about them if you want to watch this-

Feel free to reach out with any questions I’d be happy to help in any way I can.

John

KAJRIP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts The third feature is where you lost me with this harness. Honestly, I was going to buy my lights from you until I saw that this was the harness you offered.

This was why I decided to buy from @OffroadAlliance.com because they show a totally different harness in their ad. No “interchangeable connectors” aka butt connectors.

Unfortunately the advertised harness isn’t what showed up.

@OffroadAlliance.com full disclosure here I did get this harness for free with a Black Friday deal but be honest, you normally charge an additional $49 for this thing.

Anyway, it was “free” to me so I’m not losing any sleep over it.

If anyone wants it message me and I will send to you for free.

99EF83D6-5881-4944-810E-1906D09BDDBA.png

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts The third feature is where you lost me with this harness. Honestly, I was going to buy my lights from you until I saw that this was the harness you offered.

This was why I decided to buy from @OffroadAlliance.com because they show a totally different harness in their ad. No “interchangeable connectors” aka butt connectors.

Unfortunately the advertised harness isn’t what showed up.

@OffroadAlliance.com full disclosure here I did get this harness for free with a Black Friday deal but be honest, you normally charge an additional $49 for this thing.

Anyway, it was “free” to me so I’m not losing any sleep over it.

If anyone wants it message me and I will send to you for free.

View attachment 157891

Well I’ll make a note, your actually the first out of probably 2,000 people that showed disappointment in it. Normally we get raving comments on how much people like it.
That being said, tell you what. Send it back to me and I’ll give you $75 cash in store credit. You can buy anything you want for your dissatisfaction.

John

KAJRIP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the offer but I’m not looking for anything for free, just to inform other members of what to expect.

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’ll make a note, your actually the first out of probably 2,000 people that showed disappointment in it. Normally we get raving comments on how much people like it.
That being said, tell you what. Send it back to me and I’ll give you $75 cash in store credit. You can buy anything you want for your dissatisfaction.

John
I had an issue as well as described in my previous post. My big thing about it was the fact that there were zero instructions that described the install with the coloring of the wires being different.
I also don't want anything free or store credit, but would definitely appreciate if you could send me a how to install with the wiring sent.

I have the exact same setup that he posted a picture of and I didn't bother trying to install to the reverse lighting because I didn't want to make 5 trips turning the truck on and seeing if I connected the right wire and didn't want to burn up a fuse if I was wrong.

In theory, your install type setup is a great idea but I don't plan on changing my lights once I install so getting it done is my priority

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk