Ford Raptor Rear Seat Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Boone

Reaction score
It locked. After all that aggravation I'm gonna wait until I need to get behind there to see if it continues to work :)

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It locked. After all that aggravation I'm gonna wait until I need to get behind there to see if it continues to work :)

You won't have to, per the video at 7:50, simply pull on the strap and release, close, repeat, etc , bar wont move.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If SCREW guys think its hard to release your seat back, you should try the drivers side of a SCAB. Looks to have have the space of your seat back. Passenger side already has a strap from the factory on my 19.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If SCREW guys think its hard to release your seat back, you should try the drivers side of a SCAB. Looks to have have the space of your seat back. Passenger side already has a strap from the factory on my 19.

I tried to get to on my 19 supercab is it even possible????? I think the locks are horizontal on 19 vs. vertical on the videos i have seen.

FRANK CANGEY

Reaction score
I tried to get to on my 19 supercab is it even possible????? I think the locks are horizontal on 19 vs. vertical on the videos i have seen.

I just did my 2019 supercab, its a pain to get to the first time. I could just get my fingers down to feel the metal channel and slipped a wrench down in and pulled up to release seatback.
At about 2:30 on this video there's a pretty good shot of the latch.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got it finally , i fashioned a loop out of some 1/8 aluminum welding wire , after work, in parking lot i fished down and was able to hook it after about a min of fishing around . There was no way i was getting my **** hooks down behind that seat.

Scoop

Reaction score
I read this thread and then went out to my new to me 2018 to see if I could reach over and behind the seat and manually release the latch as described earlier. I found this sticking up:

PZe5KJ2MQUmezxKEBMCZkg.jpg

Sure enough I pulled on it and found this!

5Bl+LgB3QwiRJ6y9w59h8w.jpg

Looks like the PO had already done this upgrade. Sure glad I didn't order one before I checked!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read this thread and then went out to my new to me 2018 to see if I could reach over and behind the seat and manually release the latch as described earlier. I found this sticking up:

View attachment 138137

Sure enough I pulled on it and found this!

View attachment 138138

Looks like the PO had already done this upgrade. Sure glad I didn't order one before I checked!

Nice. You would have been surprised if you ordered one and found that when you went to install it!