Ford Raptor R vs Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said order books are open today... but no options list? What does this mean that the order books are open if you can't spec it out?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They said order books are open today... but no options list? What does this mean that the order books are open if you can't spec it out?
First, who is “they”? Second, just like when the Gen 3 rolled out in 21, the order guide was out some days before the website went live on 10 June 21. So presumably your dealer may have access to the order guide and can spec it for you even though Ford’s website it’s active yet.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, who is “they”? Second, just like when the Gen 3 rolled out in 21, the order guide was out some days before the website went live on 10 June 21. So presumably your dealer may have access to the order guide and can spec it for you even though Ford’s website it’s active yet.
Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 9.28.02 AM.png

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually only 450 lbs. I'll be curious if it compensates for the 37s.
I believe when it's said and done, the two trucks' performance will be very close. And given that the Raptor R will be so rare I'll likely never ride in one...I think TRX may have the value advantage, at least for the time being. You can order a base model TRX from several dealers nationwide for $69k ($10k off MSRP). You can get a top of the line TRX for $90k ($100k MSRP - $10k volume dealer discounts). The Raptor R may arguably look a little better. But man, you can have two base TRXs for 1 Raptor R...and that's if you can actually buy a Raptor R.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe when it's said and done, the two trucks' performance will be very close. And given that the Raptor R will be so rare I'll likely never ride in one...I think TRX may have the value advantage, at least for the time being. You can order a base model TRX from several dealers nationwide for $69k ($10k off MSRP). You can get a top of the line TRX for $90k ($100k MSRP - $10k volume dealer discounts). The Raptor R may arguably look a little better. But man, you can have two base TRXs for 1 Raptor R...and that's if you can actually buy a Raptor R.
Vehicles in this class? Value? They're both dumb from a financial perspective. Now the only question is how dumb are you? We each have to answer for ourselves. Me, I'm dumd but not that dumb.