Ford Raptor R July 18th Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They were never in the same class and the R changes nothing in that regard. Don't know how many times they have to say it but Raptor was designed to be competitive off road not the mall crawling on road glitz of the TRX. 0-60 means nothing. Raptor and now R have always been steps beyond the TRX. Raptor cut it's teeth at Baja and the trend continues. TRX is simply a glitzy mall crawling machine but serious off road enthusiasts will always choose Raptor over TRX EB and now R.

Alright, for the 99% of the buyers who don't plan on taking the truck to baja, the R and TRX in the same class.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great and really happy Ford released the R.

Personally I’d get the GT500 if I wanted to lay down that much cash and hp. It will be easy $150-$200k CAD up here.

I’m happy with my gen 2 and will probably never exploit its potential.

I will say in terms of competition, Ford did a better job in terms of media. That TRX release was so cringy - the amount of times the presenter emphatically said TRX with those annoying hand gestures.

View attachment 363574
Yup, it will be around $145K CAD + taxes. At that price I am not buying it.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, for the 99% of the buyers who don't plan on taking the truck to baja, the R and TRX in the same class.
You so missed the point. It's not about doing Baja it's about having a truck reliable enough and made well enough to run baja then drive home. If you never drive baja you can rest assured that whatever you do The Raptor is far superior to the TRX in every way except the 0-60 time on the street that doesn't matter...at all.